Any solicitors on here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Iwoody

Car
E Class Coupe
I was wondering what a fair price was to get a statutory declaration drawn up?

I called a solicitor today who wanted £250 plus vat. Seems steep to me but if that's the going rate then fair enough.

Any ideas anyone??

My wife is a solicitor and she says it's about an hours work, so sounds about right. But you can always find somebody willing to do it cheaper. Beware the old saying though "you get what you pay for".

Thanks for that, it's nothing overly complicated so I'll try and find it a bit cheaper, if not I'll just have to bite the bullet I suppose :)

Guess depends what the Stat Dec is for and as for charge lots of factors to include whereabouts in the country you are.

I'd hope you could get a little cheaper than that...

My wife is a solicitor and She says you can always find somebody willing to do it cheaper. Beware the old saying though "you get what you pay for".

Did I meet your wife one night...

The charge was somewhat North of £20.

A Public notary or Commissioner for Oaths can also issue and validate a Statutory declaration.

All registered solicitors can act as a Commissioner for Oaths but not all Commissioner for Oaths are solicitors.

What are you doing lurking in park toilets late at night.

Didn't you know?

DM's real identity….

michael.jpg

Did I meet your wife one night...

The charge was somewhat North of £20.

I find it strange that some people find it funny to be disrespectful in a safe forum about another persons partner. You wouldn't have the balls to say that to her face, I can promise you that.

Think I'll be yet another person leaving the MB forum because of a few stupid ***** on here.

I find it strange that some people find it funny to be disrespectful in a safe forum about another persons partner. You wouldn't have the balls to say that to her face, I can promise you that.

Think I'll be yet another person leaving the MB forum because of a few stupid ***** on here.

I read it as being just a funny comment … not aimed directly at a person but just taking advantage of the double connotation of "solicitor" - just like a comedian's MIL jokes when he actually likes his wife's mother.

Good God! I'm coming to DM's defence. I must be sickening for something… :eek:

It's the anonymity of the internet that nullifies any disrespect. He's never met your wife so it's neither about her or to her face. Of course he would show no disrespect in a real face to face encounter.

There's no need to.

I'd say that no problem...it was a joke.

Remember those from before you got so bigoted.

Don't slam the door on your way out... :)

In answer to your original question, re solicitors on here...reading some of the threads, I was lead to believe that everyone is

Nope. They are Judges...

Back on topic........... most solicitors have web sites and publish their hourly rates

Back on topic........... most solicitors have web sites and publish their hourly rates

Back off topic - I haven't got the stamina for a full hour any more :devil:

Your missus still doing the happy finish for that, dm... ?

:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom