Any suggestions in Kent?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
was good to meet you today Dave, andy has a nice setup there, I will certainly recommend him for SE London area

Yes ..........likewise......sorry I had to shoot off so quickly. I had to run into Bromley to do some shopping before they closed. I give Andy his dues - he certainly knows how to lay on a do. Those salmon nibbles were to die for.............

Anybody who ever used Andy's old premises in Green St Green will be gobsmacked by his new workshop.
Its BIG and clean to almost hospital standards. Got 3 lifts and has further room for an MOT bay which may come later when things settle down.
I fully recommend him anyone within reasonable distance to go there and see for themselves.
I reckon it puts most MB dealership workshops to shame.:thumb:

Thanks to all that attended it was nice to meet you all ,thank you for your comments I will do it again sometime soon.

Just a little bit of an update on MB Broad Oak in Canterbury, I am picking up my new car from them at the weekend and have yet to enquire on servicing etc. costs but I do worry they could be the next casualty as they have put the shiny new showroom up for lease and moved next door into what could only be described as a very small 2-3 car showroom with very little usual MB glitz and glamour.

I realise this is a sign of the times that everyone including car dealers need to cut back but it was quite a shock seeing the tiny one door entrance to the servicing bay from the spangly 5-6 car windowed servicing set up in the old premises!

Oh and also another recommendation for Steve in M'stone as he looked after my old E240 a few years ago and was a great guy to do business with (only sorry that I will need to stump up loads of cash to have my 220cdi serviced at an MB stealer to keep the warranty intact :(

Last edited:
mercedes star with latest xentry platform

Anybody intrested have over 33 years experience
bosch systems technician. 8 years mercedes diagnostic technician.full star test with printout just cover cost of fuel and a drink 07507153302 anytime OR YOU COULD VISIT OTHERS AND PAY £60 upwards

Last edited:
just a quick note to let you know ,you can use an indi for serviceing and the warranty is still ok its just the mobilo assistance that would be lost.

Merctech

Following reading these threads, I contacted Andy at Merctech.
Service D and MOT required on my E320.
Andy is a fine fellow and completed the work plus rear brakes and pollen filter exchange for only a little more than I had paid another garage for a simple service.
I live in Sevenoaks, so he is about 20 minutes away.
Good stuff, and I can recommend him.

Following reading these threads, I contacted Andy at Merctech.
Service D and MOT required on my E320.
Andy is a fine fellow and completed the work plus rear brakes and pollen filter exchange for only a little more than I had paid another garage for a simple service.
I live in Sevenoaks, so he is about 20 minutes away.
Good stuff, and I can recommend him.

Glad you enjoyed the experience :) Andy does seem a good bloke, I was there last week and he had merc's parked up everywhere, certainly seems a busy place

I have recently had a B service for my s320 and an A service for an SLK from Andy at Merc-tech (Sidcup). Both times the service was impeccable and very reasonable cost wise.

His new premises are supurb and he's a really nice guy.

Adam

Merctech

I have taken my 2000 C240 to Andy on a number of occasions and I can honestly say he is a good guy and the standard of the work is very good, the new premises are much larger and he is sensible with the prices.
I would recommend Merctech @ Sidcup
I will be going in quite soon as I have just become another sorry victim of the rear SAM unit after a battery recharge, not happy!

I was quoted £550 for an A service at Medway MB and Canterbury MB or £750 for B service!!

If you're looking as far as Canterbury, give Class cars at wingham a call, they're about 6 miles East of Canterbury, I'm sure Steve's prices will be much more to your liking!

keys mercedes in bexleyheath kent da6 7er are good pm me if you want a contact no.

Just Google Class Cars Wingham, you'll get their website, phone number and map, They're right on the main road on the right just as you come into Wingham, behind the petrol station.

Mine has gone in to Merc Tech to diagnose and sort my engine rattle. I probably picked the worst time (for Andy) to take it down at the end of last week without an appointment as he was obviously very busy. Anyway, I have just spoken to him for the diagnosis and he certainly seems to be a decent chap so far, hopefully I'll know the end result later today.

This could be good news for me as I've done all my own mechanical work for years now after some bad experiences with (mainly) Vauxhall dealers, but also with MB in Tonbridge. Finding a local garage I can trust will probably keep me in the Merc much longer and I'm very tempted to stop doing my own servicing as well so I can concentrate on my project cars in my spare time.

Ian.

Update time.

Just got back from seeing Andy at Merc-Tech (Wright-Tech from 1st September) and am more than happy with his service. The car went in dirty and faulty and came out pristine again, the cleaning being something I truly didn't expect him to have done.

Very happy to be in the car again after nearly a month of abstainance, but happier still to have found a local independent I can trust.

Thanks! :)

Ian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom