Any suggestions in Kent?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Guy Thomas

Just bought a 2-yr old C180 Estate. I am in east Kent - nearest dealer is in Canterbury. Also Vikings an ex-dealer are still in business on in Canterbury. Although their website doesn't say anything about being cheaper!

So wondered if there are any good/bad experiences to report with Viking? Or other suggestions in Kent? Browsing this forum the Medway dealer doesn't look a very good idea:rolleyes:

The Medway dealer is no more. It is now BRABUS KENT and is well worth a visit.

I recently had a "A" service and new pads all round for less than £200!!

Oh and my couresty car was a brand new ML350 complete with incar DVD system etc.

Do a search on this site for BRABUS and youll get some interesting threads.

Any new suggestions for Kent?

Time for a service and first MOT so just bringing this to the top in case there are any new suggestions?

Guy,

I still recomend Brabus on the A2 just south of Rainham, most MB main dealers are now charging OVER £110 p.h labour, but Brabus is around £60-70.

I always used to use Vikings, and to be honest,apart from the cost they always looked after my car well, I now use the newer one in Broadoak road, as they do a "Whitehouse" service which gives you a discount against MB dealer prices even though it is the same service,
an "A" service for my car (W210) E300TD was only £75 +VAT, not bad for a main dealer

Thanks for comments

Last week I was quoted as follows for my W203 C180 estate

MB dealer Broad Oak Road
'A' service £180 inc VAT
+ Coolant change due as car is 3 yrs old £70

Vikings
'A' service £165 + VAT (=£194 ?more than the official dealer)
Coolant £56 + VAT (=£66)

So I was a bit shocked that Viking was actually more than the official dealer?

However on visiting Viking website found a "15% Autumn discount" offer, rang them back and they said OK you can use that in January!

So booked Viking for first week in January.

Looks like I am still overpaying but I hadn't read the above replies when I did this.

Last edited:
My only previous experience was getting 3 Pirelli tyres for £180 + VAT fitted at Viking, this seemed a reasonable deal as Kwikfit would only have done it £10 cheaper.

I am not really concerned with saving last £10 in cost though, prefer the car to be well-looked-after at a not-too-exorbitant price. I had the notion that Viking would have the knowledge and try harder on account of no longer being the official dealer. (Although their website now says something to the effect that in October 2003 they became the first Mercedes-Benz Authorised Repairer in the UK. Sort of not an official dealer, but official something else.)

Brabus - pauls right

i am a long time customer of ****, Jason and the guys at medway autos -

definately an excellent place to go, friendly and know everything!

also a great range of cars normally kicking about. Some bad boy brabus!!!!

Paul said:
The Medway dealer is no more.

The Medway dealer is Mercedes Benz of Gillingham on the business park, but they are rubbish.
Brabus rule.
They even do small things (like re-set my SRS system) for nothing. :D

They also had my gear box plug in stock when no one else in the country did! They also fitted my max fuel saver (haha) for free!

R2D2 said:
They also fitted my max fuel saver (haha) for free!

You wanna see if they'll take it off for you too :devil: ;) ;)
If you wanna try the one like I have on mine and the missus car free for a month, let me know.
I need another test pilot.

SportsCoupeRich said:
seems to be a fair few of us kent people around!!

i have seen your car round rochester grav888.....keep an eye out for mine. Black sports coupe on 18" amg wheels from new e55

Will keep an eye out mate.
Mine is unmissable due to the club sticker on the rear below the light.
I live in wainscott (in the road where we do the christmas lights for charity each year).
Wanna swap wheels? :devil:

I feel a mini GTG coming up as there are loads on here from Kent.

Cheers
Ian

Personnally I use Gorrias Boulogne, 15 min from Eurotunnel. Main dealer £32/hour approx. My last A service, E220CDI, £91, B service + pads £238 & warranty still valid
Though what you gain on the service you lose on the shopping!

Have to say I like The official dealer in Broadoak. Kevin the senior Engineer is a smashing chap, and has been very helpful in the past when I had a C270CDI. Come to think of it it was he who suggested I look at the E320CDI.

Not had a lot of luck with Vikings, did try and buy two cars from them, cash waiting, and they still did not bother to call me, so lost the sales.

Paul.

In sunny Planet Thanet (Sorry, Fannet) :)

Back to the top as I am looking for an indi for my 100k+ W210 not worth taking to Canterbury main dealers but looking for someone local to there who won't break the bank, probably needing an equivilent 'B' service so any recommendations would be great???? Interested in the France idea as only 30 mins from Eurotunnel and they are doing some cheap crossings at the mo so could be an option if they speak good English cos my french is not great ;)

I know and thanks for his number, I have tried to call him multiple times (diff times of day etc. but no joy always get a mesage saying not available and no option to leave a message!!! I need something in the next 2 weeks so can't keep trying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom