Any thoughts experience of W212 and bluetooth music streaming from INVERY Airdual-300A ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Same goes for headphones. I've now got the best over-ear and in-ear phones I've ever had.
FWIW, I always stream and store Spotify at the highest bit rate.
What's your top tip for headphones now? I used to be swear by Sennheister HD650's for sound and weight but I gradually stopped using them just because of the convenience of noise cancelling AirPods.

Spotify's already on highest bit rate, but your comment makes me wonder whether Spotify, or something else, would give better sound that Apple Podcasts. Must look into that.

Digital V Analogue
Now there's a debate 😇
Ah, my favourite photo....

061517_tbt-in-dash_45_1.jpg

Had a 54 Humber Hawk with a valve radio bolted under the dash, about 8 inch square box of tricks. Brilliant sound after 5 minutes.

To many speed bumps these days.
Even more potholes back then.
George used to go on and on about how it didn't really work in their cars back then.
I think he had to wait until 1970 for "All things must pass" to come out on Philips Compact cassette.

EDB52F06-A304-4E05-B666-8DC44D8DF003.jpeg

Had a 54 Humber Hawk with a valve radio bolted under the dash, about 8 inch square box of tricks. Brilliant sound after 5 minutes.
Ooh. 70mph no problem, if slightly down hill, but not so much on corners with those crossplys.

Proper post-war British car.

What's your top tip for headphones now? I used to be swear by Sennheister HD650's for sound and weight but I gradually stopped using them just because of the convenience of noise cancelling AirPods.

Spotify's already on highest bit rate, but your comment makes me wonder whether Spotify, or something else, would give better sound that Apple Podcasts. Must look into that.

My over ears are Sennheisers - can't recall the model. I bought them for long haul flights and find them very good. If I'm picky, they're slightly bass-light - but I think that's me TBH. Overall, extremely good.

The best in-ears ones I have were a gift from one of my muso mates - Flare E Prototypes. They're wired and they look strange but they sound fantastic. £250-ish. So they should be good!

Day to day I've settled on Samsung Galaxy Ear Buds as a good all rounder. Previously I had Cambridge Audio Melomanias. The CA's were up there sound quality-wise but the BT was patchy & infuriating.

I also have two sets of Samsung Level U's which are/were my gym phones and kind of handy for DIY, Gardening, etc. The case on one broke so I bought a new set. I also bought some new Sennheiser necklace headphones at the same time but I've barely tried them. First signs were good and so they should be - the Samsoung's were £70-odd and the Sennheisers £120-ish.

Heritage-wise I have three sets of Sennheiser wired in-ears which lie around the house and car as back ups.....

TL:DR. I buy headphones like my wife buys shoes.

Was never into them, now there's another debate. I am a Manc after all 😇
Ah, Morrissey. Always good for a cheery ballad.

My over ears are Sennheisers - can't recall the model. I bought them for long haul flights and find them very good. If I'm picky, they're slightly bass-light - but I think that's me TBH. Overall, extremely good.

The best in-ears ones I have were a gift from one of my muso mates - Flare E Prototypes. They're wired and they look strange but they sound fantastic. £150-ish.

Day to day I've settled on Samsung Galaxy Ear Buds as a good all rounder. Previously I had Cambridge Audio Melomanias. The CA's were up there sound quality-wise but the BT was patchy & infuriating.

I also have two sets of Samsung Level U's which are/were my gym phones and kind of handy for DIY, Gardening, etc. The case on one broke so I bought a new set. I also bought some new Sennheiser necklace headphones at the same time but haven't tried them yet.

Heritage-wise I have three sets of Sennheiser wired in-ears which lie around the house and car as back ups.....
And she tells me that I buy too much kit. (But at least I go for one set at a time.) But I'll check out those Flare E's, and muse about trying some over-ears again. My trouble with over-ears is that I always preferred the sound in open backed headphones but they annoy anyone else in the room.

Scary days. My mk3 Zodiac wasn't much better
I chuckle to remember the speeds we used to do on (fairly empty) dual carriageways and motorways with very little chance of braking / steering out of trouble.
Screenshot 2022-06-14 at 11.03.32.png

And she tells me that I buy too much kit. (But at least I go for one set at a time.) But I'll check out those Flare E's, and muse about trying some over-ears again. My trouble with over-ears is that I always preferred the sound in open backed headphones but they annoy anyone else in the room.

To be fair, I didn't buy them at the same time. And they all have their different uses.

The over-ears are primarily for long trips and I only ever use them for that. So no at all for over two years.......

The E Prototypes when I want really listen to some high quality, well-recorded music - on and off.

The Galaxy buds are for commuting and walking about so I use them a lot.

The Samsung necklace ones for sport/gardening/DIY/WHY - I use them most of all. They don't drop out of my ears, and I can easily switch between talking to people/listening to things. It's like having a strap for your reading glasses :)

Thanks for the help, all.

I've splashed the cash, all £30 of it, on the Invery connector which is now sitting in the glove box.

Unbelievably, it worked straight out of the box. playing Spotify, podcasts, music, navigating using the Iphone software, and making calls - all voice controlled via Siri.

Modern tech just takes all the fun out of things.

There's no graphic output, so no screen based directions etc, but that doesn't worry me for the minute. Comand is still there for that stuff.

Glitches and issues will appear as the tech gets itself into a twist - I'll report back on that later.

CD's loaded. MP3's follow, when my £4 (including postage) PCMCIA adaptor arrives from Guangdong.

The best bit? The Harmon Kardon circuitry and speakers: the improvement over stock is immense

14C367B5-30E8-489D-992F-3954E89F438A.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe under the back seat, great for winter, 15in Tanoy speakers in the boot. 😇

Glad you're sorted pal, clever stuff, well beyond me.

It's the car, guv. All I did was plug the thing into the MMI connector in the glove compartment, and let the phone pair with it.

Beats me how they do it.

It's not like it's "my first computer."

_IBM370.GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom