Any thoughts on this lcd tv?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/134146

Josh wants to buy an lcd tv - app 32" - for his xbox.

Any thoughts on this one please? Has a Samsung panel which I believe are good.

Hello is 1080i enough for the xbox? or 1080p?

Sorry I'm not sure only when I bought one as a TV I was told to go for 1080p

Its sounds cheap though

Do you get the lady in the picture, if so I'll buy one :D - make 14th Feb 09 a better day then previous 14/02's

Confusing as it states 1080 ready but display format 720p???

the lady in the picture

Are you quite sure she is a lady? She looks quite different from the ones I run into in the House of Lords :D.

This TV is 720p. It is capable of taking a 1080i signal and resizing it down to 720, but it cannot actually display a full 1080p picture.

I'd look for a proper 1080p TV, they're getting pretty cheap these days.

(i indicates it's interlaced - so the TV refreshes every other line, ie, rows 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, etc then when it gets to the end, it then refreshes 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, etc.

p indicates progressive - it refreshes each line in turn, ie, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. This is the "proper" way of doing it and explains why until recently, p screens were so much more expensive than i screens).

Thanks chaps. Will keep looking around :). He's buying iy with his own money so we need value for money. It will be in the conservatory so not our main tv by any means. But he's getting to wanting better stuff for his games by the day - yikes!

Hi. We have used this place before http://www.directtvs.co.uk/ and found them quite good. They do have a retail counter in Huddersfield at their warehouse.

The only thing I would say is that we orignally bought a cheap make, which malfunctioned quite early on. They would only send a loan set when one available, which took a few weeks. In the mean time I had lost patience and got an exchange for a Sony and hopefuly better backup.

I think ours is probably only 720p, but as it is only for the PS3, I can't really tell the difference, particuarly looking at the price of full 1080i/p sets.

1080p might not work with your xbox, check for a hdmi connection on the back if it hasn't got one it can only display 1080i maximum. pointless spending extra on a screen if you can't use the extra.

I would doubt that 1080p is going to be particularly necessary on a 32" screen regardless of the source.

We were watching blu-ray discs on a 32" Sony for a week or so - no need for 1080p.

Mike

Blimey - I remember the days when you bought a tele that could do colour!!!!! Talk about complicated! I think this Xbox has HDMI but don't know. What does one look like - lol. Don't really want anyone to show me - I'll find out easily enough.

Costco have one in voucher for this week, 37" panasonic 1080p i think it is £470, if you consider costco give 5 years warrentee it might be worth your while paying a bit more for a better quaility tv

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom