Any tried these rear plate number light clusters?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V8 Supercharger

Car
W221 S600 V12 Bi-Turbo
Hello all

After trying the usual LED lights for the front side lights and the rear number plate lights i usually find that either they dont last too long or the front lights tend to be blue, despite saying "white" on the packet.

Im not too sure if theres a problem with the holders on the back as it is a bit of crap design on the W220 S-class, so i was thinking of replacing the whole housing with these. Anyone have any experience with these, good or bad, are they all they are made up to be?

2x Mercedes W220 99 - 05 S Class Number / License Plate Xenon White LED Lights | eBay

Thanks.

Classy.

Who gives a **** what kind of light is on a number plate?

How about the Police :dk:

As long as they're no Red or Blue and dont flash they dont care.

The ones im talking about are just White and theres no legal issues with these as thousands, if not millions, of people have these.

Ignore them, with just about every other marque using led lights on the plate it makes the old halogen ones look very old. I was amazed at how much more modern it made our 3 series look when we swapped our 06 plate for a 57 plate, just because it came with led rear plate lights.

The Clusters are fine, i have them on mine, fitted about 2 years ago with no probs .

they are a pig to fit as the have to remove the lower bootlid panel on the w211, prob the same on the s class.

The Clusters are fine, i have them on mine, fitted about 2 years ago with no probs .

they are a pig to fit as the have to remove the lower bootlid panel on the w211, prob the same on the s class.

Are they not a straight push-fit from the bottom? They look like they just clip into place?

I really dont wana star taking the boot apart, but at this stage im replacing the current LED's at the rate of about once a month. Might be worth the headache afterall if they last a year or so.

They will be an easy fit for w220
I had them on my 635d and now on cls,very nice
On cls as mentioned pig to fit as on E class boot lid chrome panel need to come off
Otherwise very nice bright light, no errors on dash etc
I would recomend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom