Any VAG owners here that have used Ross-Tech diagnostic software?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wemorgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
A205 C220d
I'm struggling a bit and would appreciate some help.

Car is a 2004 Auid A2.
I'm using Windows 7. I have a KKL+CAN BUS USB 409.1 compatible cable.

After installing the Ross-tech VCDS-Lite version I plug in the USB cable, then launch the application.

I check in my Control Panel Device Manager that the USB is communicating to port COM1. 'USB Serial Port COM1'

In VCDS-Lite I go to Options then test the COM1 port. The message I see is 'Port Status OK. Interface not found'

I test COM2,3 & 4 and I see 'Port does not exist. Interface not found'

Any thoughts on troubleshooting? Drivers?

Thanks.

Not sure if this is any help or not but recently had to swap our laptop we use for diagnostics, new one came with Windows 7 loaded everything back on but had real issues with diagnostic software. After evenings of pulling my hair out, rolled everything back to Win XP SP3 set it up again and everything fine.

Probably not the best solution and it was probably a driver issue that could have been sorted but very annoying,

I've also tried it on my other laptop which is XP and had the same issues. Most frustrating.

Got the car ignition on?:p

You're not far from the truth there!

The manual which came with my cable was subtly wrong. It told me to test the cable before plugging the other end in to the car.

But another manual I found online said to, install the software, plug in cable to laptop AND car. Ignition ON. Then launch application. All works fine :)

£10 cable has saved me £45 garage fee!

Last edited:
A limited free version of Ross-tech is available for download. So for the price of a cable you can read fault codes and reset lights. Bargain. I guess a similar version for MB cars isn't available?

I use a scangauge 2 for mine , it displays data real time from the obd port and allows you to view/erase fault codes

ScanGauge2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom