Any Vets on here? or anyone clued up on Dog health?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
As above,

Our 1yr old little Yorkie is not opening up her eyes fully she's just squinting or shuts them.

She interested in her surroundings and is eating and drinking but she is definitely not herself

No allergies that we know of but she was sneezing quite abit last night. She seems alittle lethargic and nose is dry. Cant see any noticable discharge from her eyes.

Obviously im taking her to the vets in the morning if she doesn't improve today just thought it was worth a ask of opinion on here.

86766519_10157430047632284_1870809328034775040_n.jpg

Thankyou in advance :thumb:

First thing comes to mind is possible conjunctivitis, try gently bathing the eyes with boiled and cooled water.
Personally I'd be calling the 24hr vet referral service, usually if one rings one's normal vet out of hours one gets forwarded to the referral service, or at least given their number.
Can't hurt getting professional advice, especially as she's only 1yr old, dogs that young and small can go downhill rapidly (not wishing to alarm you!)

How is she doing now Gav?

She was laying her bed this morning and my wife notice a very large Mosquito under her which she had obviously tried to eat, I think it probably bit her in her mouth and she had a reaction to it.

We gave her some Piriton only 5mg as she's a small dog and she seemed to perk up abit after that we also cleaned her eyes just as precaution.

We're going to see how she is overnight and if no improvement in the morning my wife will take her to the vets as i've early start as im taking my father in law to Mercedes Benz world for a driving experience.

She is eating and drinking and has been playing with the other two dogs but she isn't quite right.

Thankyou peeps for the replies

I hope she’s feeling better very soon

If her eyes aren’t ‘weeping’ then an infection isn’t present.

It could be that she has become hyper-sensitive to light - how is she in a dark room ?

In any case, your vet is the best option and let them do whatever is right.

I thought that this morning so took her into a dark room but even then she didnt want to open them up.

She's certainly improved today Her sister who is the same age has been looking after her too they are like to peas in a pod.

She has been more active tonight and wagging he tail im not convinced her face isn't swollon alittle, its a job to tell because of the thickness of her coat.

But yes a Trip to the vet will be on the cards if she's not right tomorrow, All our Dogs are insured.

Hi Peeps, as promised

My wife took our little girl to the vets, They couldnt find anything wrong with her eyes, but she was in discomfort so gave her some pain killers and some wash for her eyes. She does seem a little better today.

She like a cat when you stroke a cat they shut there eyes in pleasure, well With our dog she had her eyes open looking at me and i spoke to her asking if she was ok and she shut her eyes...... There's summit up , She has a follow up apointment wednesday so fingers crossed.

Rest assured I love my Dogs to bits and i wouldn't let anything happen to them.

Bella ,
87046258_10157430061842284_2207668135660617728_n.jpg

And her sister Fudge

85166277_10157430060992284_2923282817582366720_n.jpg

Glad she is feeling better!

Onward and upward! :)

Thankyou peeps for all the replies Oh the MB trip went well to, The father in Law and i had a Hour in w205 c63, i learnt quite abit even as just a Passenger. He certainly enjoyed driving it hard around the track :rock:

I got 25mpg out the E55 too not bad considering the traffic was awful on the 25

Good luck with your dog Wednesday , i also know just how it is when you love them as we do .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom