Any W202 c230K Mechanic?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bishopjr

Car
W202 c230k 1997
Looking to ask a few questions Maybe a mechanic, regarding Air Fuel mixture problems and the sensors that control the same, Oxygen sensor??

4 cylinder c230 kompressor w202 chasis in Mexico City.:dk:

Oxygen sensor, temp sensor, Air flow meter, and perhaps the knock sensor will all control Afr's id have thought. :/

What's the question? There are plenty of knowledgeable people on here.

What's the question? There are plenty of knowledgeable people on here.

At low RPMs engine wants to stall sometimes, smell of petrol and fumes, sutty spark plugs just changed last week, on de-acceleration sometimes back fires.
at high exceleration all seems ok.

as though it is missing more air in mixture??
no scanner errors.

Regards,
Martin.

Blocked air filter?

Certainly sounds as if its running rich. As usual could be several things faulty MAS /MAF on older cars with a worn engine this can get contaminated from oil vapour. Other possibility is the exhaust oxygen lambda sensor or its heater supply or a faulty engine temperature sensor where the car thinks the engine is cold and richens the mixture to compensate. If you can get the car on an exhaust gas analyser that might confirm it?

Certainly sounds as if its running rich. As usual could be several things faulty MAS /MAF on older cars with a worn engine this can get contaminated from oil vapour. Other possibility is the exhaust oxygen lambda sensor or its heater supply or a faulty engine temperature sensor where the car thinks the engine is cold and richens the mixture to compensate. If you can get the car on an exhaust gas analyser that might confirm it?

Thanks!, sounds good, my next step is to change the oxygen sensor and check the temp sensor, the MAF I changed about 3 years ago so I hope! thats still ok.

will keep informed.

Thank you
regards,
Martin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom