Any way to find out how long the warranty is ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 154425
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 154425

Is there a way in the UK to check if a car is still under warranty, apart from calling the dealer ?

Is it not just as simple as doing one of those free vehicle checks on the registration plate and adding 3 years to it?

Should be - but I got two information - 2yrs because it is a used car and 3yrs because the car was only3 months old ...

Should be - but I got two information - 2yrs because it is a used car and 3yrs because the car was only3 months old ...

You need to check with the supplying dealer.

A used MB should come with the outstanding balance of the manufacturers' warranty. Normally three years. So a three month old car would still have 2 years and 9 months left.

If bought as an Approved Used Car (AUC) it would normally also come with a 1 year Approved Used warranty from the date of purchase. But with a 3 month car the manufacturer's warranty still be in force. The AUC warranty would only really be of benefit of you were buying a AUC car over 2 years old in which case it would extend past the end of the manufacturer's warranty.

If not bought as an Approved Used Car then the 2 year warranty is presumably someting different. Dealer specific? In which case it will have its own terms and conditions. It may also be possible under some circumstances that the manufacturer's warranty doesn't cover the car .... that would be very unusual if you have bought the car in the UK and it is UK stock.

So .... you need to check and read any paperwork you have ..... or ask the supplying dealer.

Don't the AMG models come with 2 years approved warranty?

Of course, the warranty for any specific vehicle was no doubt discussed and agreed with the selling garage and confirmed on the paper work that was signed when purchasing the vehicle. No body would buy such a car without asking and understanding the warranty....

Annoyingly I have seen the date on the paper work but can't actually find it now :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom