Any way to use Siri in 2012 CLS?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

myromeo

Car
2012 CLS 350 CDI AMG Sport
As per title really, is there any way that I can initiate Siri when connected to my phone via Bluetooth? Siri works on pretty much all hands free kits, headphones, even my previous car (Audi A4) just by pressing and holding the call button but in the CLS this doesn’t work.

Anything I can do to Use Siri?

Cheers

I see Amazon have launched and "Echo Auto". Looks quite useful for music requests etc on the move, I may look into this.

I see Amazon have launched and "Echo Auto". Looks quite useful for music requests etc on the move, I may look into this.

yeah I’ve saw that and it looks very good but I’d like to use Siri if I can, is it possible?

Do you mean the original Apple Siri? As opposed to the car's built-in Linguatronic?

If so, then I don't think it is possible to have this on your 2012 car, without additional hardware installed.

Talk to www.comandonline.co.uk, they will be able to help. Have your VIN ready when calling and check if your car is equipped with COMAND Online NTG4.5 or Audio20.

Also, that's the earliest reference I could fine for use of Apple Siri in a car (via COMAND Online and UMI cable), and it's dated 2013, so unlikely that your 2012 car will have it:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That’s exactly what I mean, skip the built in linguatronic thing and use Siri. I believe my car has the ntg4.5 not audio20. The echo auto is looking like a better bet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom