Any web designer/host guru want to earn some consultancy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dougal74

Car
Past: 2008 S211 E280CDi A/G Estate, 2000 ML430, 1992 300TE Auto, 1995 E320 Coupe - all gone
Our (Dutch) web hosting company at work is giving us the runaround.

Our site Work has been down for a few days as it appears some of the data has been infected by a virus. We host large amounts of A/V files in a secure password protected area (along with basic co. information etc.)

Instead of proposing a live clean of infected files they are proposing to replenish a new area of the host server with back-up data.

Problem is they haven't found a clean source yet.

Any ideas/opinions on the approach?

Cheers, Adam

contact matt @ poundhost.com - will PM you his details in a second

You might want to ask Maff for guidance seeing as hosting is what he does (poundhost).

If your backups are infected though, you've not really got any option other than restoring everything to spare machine, then cleaning it up and pushing it back to the web server.

We use Maff's hosting services aswell. No complaints at all. Very good.

I have 3 x dedi hosted at 1and1, and can honestly say that the uptime is as near to 99.999 as you can get, I have used them for around 4 years now, 2x linux for hosting and 1 x windows for media streaming and sql

I have 3 x dedi hosted at 1and1, and can honestly say that the uptime is as near to 99.999 as you can get, I have used them for around 4 years now, 2x linux for hosting and 1 x windows for media streaming and sql

Same here, running 16 dedicated servers with 1and1 and they are FANTASTIC,
Also suport is the best we've had so far as long as you don't mind callin USA as UK support goes to Singapore and not as good as USA.

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom