Any young MB drivers care to point me to some decent insurance companies?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chizzel89

Car
Mercedes-Benz C250 Turbodiesel Sport est. 155,000 mls. Peugeot 405 1.9 GLX TD Estate- 280,000 miles
Evenin all...
I'm having a confusing time, and confused.com are not helping at all. I'm 21 and have the dosh ready for both a C250 TD estate and the insurance (best quote so far is £800 fully comp in my name with the Co-op) but I feel there must be a better deal out there.
A mate of mine insures a tunes up 200BHP Group 31 Vauxhall Vectra V6 for £800 fully comp, and though he is two years older he has the same NCB as me, which is 4 years (I have NO convictions, he has a speeding ticket).
I get a quote from the same company for the group 12 C250 TD and its £1200!!!!
"Young Drivers" quoted me £4000 HAHA.
It seems 4 years NCB and a clean licence doesn't count for much :(
And I live in a low risk area...

All the comparison sites seem to be a load of rubbish so far... dont see the point in trying any more as all the prices seem elevated.

Any tips much appreciated!

I use moneysupermarket, but try to stick with Swiftcover as I'vee always been happy with them. I'll see how they deal with my most recent accident though...

IIRC, when I was 21, I was paying around £800 for a TPFT policy.. with 7 years NCD. (Got my first car/license at 14 in another country).

M.

Aviva worked for me....

i think admiral are the best for drivers under 25, so-much-so that when i turned 26 my insurance increased.

i think admiral are the best for drivers under 25, so-much-so that when i turned 26 my insurance increased.

Under 25? He he, I am twice that :eek:

Have you tried More Than?

I'm 23 with 4 years no claims paying £680 with multicar discount on a '99 w202 C250TD saloon with my dear mother as second driver. Thats on Admiral who have pretty much been the cheapest for me since I started driving.

I'm with Admiral. Give them a try. 26 years old.

Insurance expiring at the end of this month.

They are smarter now, it used to be quoting anew will be cheaper than renewal, no more, the reverse. Gone up 13%.

Comprehensive is cheaper than third party, fire and thief or third party only in that order.:wallbash:

Been to all moneysupemarket, compare it all fixed. Maybe it time to call the anti-competitive board.:dk:

Just have to fork out whatever they demanded.:(

Sounds a fair price. Try adding a "mature" adult - preferably a parent. Certainly works for our children. Also could try Chris Knott on 08009172274 - a broker who sorted out a good deal for our son.

im 21 with a 2000 W202 C200 payin £1300 with aviva and got mum under me as a named driver... got 2 years no claims too! i paid £3k in feb 2008 when i bought the car at 18 :$....

bell.co.uk is good for me!

Btw, bit of a typo on the VX group ;)

Bell were good when I started out (now 28) as they did a 10 month NCD accellerator product.

25 and paying £800/yr with swiftcover. Full NCB etc etc and 1 speeding fine.

I'd say your quote isn't a million miles out.

That ain't a bad quote. I'm paying £630 for a 1987 230E Automatic.

My firm are paying £2700 for my 2005 Mondeo 1.8LX.

I'm 21, the Mercedes is insured for 5,000 miles business, and the Mondeo is insured for 30,000 miles business. I have a CD10 and three points on my license, two years no claims and have held a licence since 2006.

£800 is a great price.

I'm 30 with 6 years ncb and a sp30. Cheapest quote i got for my w203 C320 Aventgarde is £1090 with £600 excess. :(

as always try peter best or AOn if u accept limited mileage, our e 300 diesel estate tesco wanted £800 but our classic 3k miles per year with an agreed value of 5k to replace the car came up for less than 250 per annum.

peter best is best in payout on agreed value (subject 25% discount if mb club or gb membership), Aon(footman games) is best for multi car classic policy.

agreed value is better than normal insurance market value as it is based on yr photos u send them to confirm the value, it is just that when can is written off pay is as per agreed and not market value.

i drive only classic cars for that reason and mb prior 1998 because of build quality too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom