anybody brought a german vehicle into the country????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W210 Fan

MB Enthusiast
Car
W140 S500L W208 430
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=290134236585&rd=1&rd=1

OK so its not a merc but she is certainly different,

used to work at pinzgauer so know them inside out and can fix anything, accessability is amzing on these things and they are also very simple, this is my personal favourite, a Euro 2, inline 6 VW diesel mated to a dogleg ZF 5 speed manual, so smooth, girlie and I, and mates for motorsport reasons were thinking of buying a camper and I need a diesel, this kills both birds with one pinzgauer,

my question however is what it is like bringing a vehicle back from ze germans, registering here etc, also I have a max 3.5ton license, how does one go about getting this upgraded to 7.5t as the GTW on this pinz is 4.5t (but will do so much more)

Pinz used to be in Graz, they were brought 9 years ago by Automotive technik recently renamed to Pinzgauer in Guildford,

I notice you have a 300TD W210, what horse power do these have and what is the MPG like?

Salzburg is a wonderful place, brother is a ski instructor in the Tirol and I go there often, also in Graz is the Jagermeister factory.....

I notice you have a 300TD W210, what horse power do these have and what is the MPG like?

177bhp, enough torque, 32-33mpg average.

The torque rating is not rated as peak torque but over a wide rev band, 1,600-3,600rpm.

0-60 about 8.5s and top end just short of 140mph.

Is that quick enough for pulling a caravan..?:D

Last edited:
was thinking about getting rid of the SEC for fuel cost reasons, although the E300 has dropped into my price range the extra fuel economy isnt enough to warrant buying one, I know those popular 1.9TDI VW/Skoda/Audi/SEAT engines are good for 60mpg, they are course and the manual box is sloppy as hell, was thinking about a 2.5 Audi TDI, then I saw the Pinzgauer and since working for them I have always wanted one, having drawn the entire thing in CAD and worked on a lot of these series 2`s I know I can fix any problem as I already have! seems a bit difficult to get one into the country not to say expensive, but the series 2`s have not been de-mobbed yet which makes them worth money, have heard Pinz camper van conversions going for 20k, and that will be a crappy series 1........

We had a camper version on the pitch next door whilst caravanning on the Isle of Wight. Looked fantastic.

they are as rare as hell, they are also an amazing off roader, seen them pull 80ton tanks uphill off road when the tank got stuck in the mud!!!

We had a camper version on the pitch next door whilst caravanning on the Isle of Wight. Looked fantastic.

they are as rare as hell, they are also an amazing off roader, seen them pull 80ton tanks uphill off road when the tank got stuck in the mud!!!

IIRC the one I saw was on Dutch plates, and in military colours.

Yes the Haf is a cool little vehicle, a couple of the guys at Pinz had one between them with a 1600 air cool beetle engine in it - went like stink, also there are a few parts on the pinz that came from the haf, like some pedal parts, if you order a brand new pinz manual today they will go and get a drawing dated 1952 and get the parts made!!!!! bet the guy who drew the pedal neevr thought that 50 years later it would still be being used!!!

I know the petrol pinz is the original and putting that snout on the front for the radiator ruins it looks (who are we trying to kid here, it ugly whatever you do with it,) but in an ideal world I would have a series 2 as I like the engine/transmission combo, I dont like the course euro 3 engine and 99% of them have a 4 speed auto box, there was also a massive chassis and body upgrade from petrol to diesel so they are much stronger, you also get disc brakes,

With Pinz 2 coming out soon the price of all other pinzgauers will drop when the Euro 4 is for sale, I may just wait till then and get myself a 6X6 box body as a camper van......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom