Anybody changed their stock Mercedes Stereo/Head Unit for a 3rd party one? (Kenwood/Alpine/Sony etc)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ninjadom

Car
C63
Have any of you changed the default/stock radio/head-unit for a 3rd party one from a company like Sony, Kenwood, Alpine etc?

If so how was the process? How well does it work? Does it integrate with the steering wheel & centre console controls? Does it show the climate control changes you make?

Did you need to find a bracket to fit it into your specific Mercedes?

Lots of questions, I know. Thanks in advance.

Not only do they sell them, they also fit them, and J3 M3 is not too far from essex! Also there's (once they re-open) a decent pub about 1/4 mile (nice flat walk) from them where you can get a decent lunch and pint while they do it!

Just in process of taking out comand ntg 2.5, comfort phone and uhi thingy majig from 2011 SL500, Replacing with Alpine ilx-702d + x series 4 channel amp + mono amp + all speakers and 12" sub. So far easy enough, new hu working fine, all swc's working fine, just working on position of amps and sub.......

I think the problem with my car (W204 facelift) is that the screen for the audio system and the audio system itself are in two different locations. So if I was to change the audio system the screen for the new system would be far too low to be useful when driving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom