Anybody else get excited planning new home cinema and audio kit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fair enough, it is a great amp, i'm glad I choose it.
I looked up what you pointed out, and I see its called BRAVIA Sync on the TV

Yep, and it's Viera link on Panasonics, SIMPLINK on LGs, Anynet+ on Samsungs and so on and so on, all the same thing.

Well I'm a Mac user so my set up is a little different. front room has an NEC 4,500 lumens 1080P projector mounted in a bookcase giving me a 90" screen. I done use a screen but the wall is painted a test card grey for better blacks. This is covered by a painting when not in use. I have an old Rotel DTS receiver which connects optically to my AppleTV. A part of tannoys as main speakers and mission centre and surrounds. This allows me to stream audio also. The study/office has a pair of Anchor Audio broadcast monitors connected to my Mac. kitchen has no TV but has another old rotel amp connected to an Airport Express and a pair of Revolvers (american but ok). Again this allows audio streaming from desktop or phone/ipad. Bedroom has another AppleTV connected to a 32" monitor which drops to the floor when not in use. Sony amp with Mordaunt short speakers. Dressing room/wardrobe has another Airport Express connected to some rather good computer speakers with a sub. This system allows me to use conventional HiFi systems with modern tech rather than having to buy all that bluetooth stuff. it also means that audio plays in all rooms simultaneously. it's definitely the most user friendly option if you're a Mac user

Airport Express. This system allows me to use conventional HiFi systems with modern tech rather than having to buy all that bluetooth stuff. it also means that audio plays in all rooms simultaneously. it's definitely the most user friendly option if you're a Mac user

Yes, Airport Express and Chromecast Audio both work in much the same way in terms of transmitting signals and are both much better than Bluetooth.

And, of course, you get to re-use all that lovely kit which has years left in it and sounds WAY better than much of the "lifestyle" stuff that's so superficially appealing to our OH's. Bless them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom