Anybody else sick of the TV coverage of the royal wedding already?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I totally agree with the OP. I’d much rather see murder, rape, drugs, disaster, terrorist, death, world famine, (blah blah blah) stories on the TV than something and bland as a boring wedding between two young people.

Typical old grunters. :rolleyes:
Grunters!!

Hahahahahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when Diana died. The day before, the UK press had her characterised as a vacuous airhead clothes-hanger; the day after, she was Saint Diana of the People :rolleyes:

While I'm genuinely happy for Harry and Meghan that they love each other enough to commit to a marriage, the UK press are capricious and today's adoration will quickly turn to tomorrow's denigration. It is the media that are the problem, not the monarchy.

I remember when Diana died. The day before, the UK press had her characterised as a vacuous airhead clothes-hanger; the day after, she was Saint Diana of the People :rolleyes:

While I'm genuinely happy for Harry and Meghan that they love each other enough to commit to a marriage, the UK press are capricious and today's adoration will quickly turn to tomorrow's denigration. It is the media that are the problem, not the monarchy.
To some extent though we must get the media that we deserve (demand)?

To some extent though we must get the media that we deserve (demand)?
I honestly don't know. I've never worked out whether it's the pig that makes the sty, or the sty that makes the pig :dk:

I honestly don't know. I've never worked out whether it's the pig that makes the sty, or the sty that makes the pig

I think it's the pig that makes the sty.

"A new, still uncompleted slum, or it would have been but for the people who lived in it, for a slum, I discovered later, is the people and not the place"

Ted Simon Jupiters Travels.

I don't think anyone here deserves the gutter press but all media is questionable on moral grounds even the BBC.

Argh! On a cruise in the med to get away from it, just been told they are running live tv in one of the lounges from 10:00, we will be in the restaurant having breakfast, then lunch then the champagne bar to avoid seeing a millisecond of the coverage.

Please let me know when it is safe to return to uk when tv has forgotten about the wedding!

It is the media that are the problem, not the monarchy.

When you look at the behaviour and lifestyle choices of many members of "The Firm" past and present, you can't simply say that the problem lies only in the media.

What weeding

With apologies to Tommy Cooper - if his granny isn't using her tickets (to the cup final) can I have them?

1grumq.jpg

Wonder if Vauxhall will get in on the act by releasing a ‘Prince Henry’ model ?

My Mrs. insisted we have it on, to my dismay. I was going to do Playstation..

Cheers,

Gaz

I hope to find a Megan free pub this afternoon.

"What do you mean, the Father of the Bride pays for the wedding?"

- Megan's dad, just before his heart attack...

Reactions: GLK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom