Anybody else sick of the TV coverage of the royal wedding already?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is it over yet? Please pm me when it is safe to switch on tv and buy a newspaper
A third bottle of Rosé Brut is long gone, so I believe it pretty safe now ... come to think of it - we don't watch live TV, so I wouldn't know. :):):)
Sky News was live (and licence-free I'm told - I would never infringe on BBC revenue stream).

Last edited:
A third bottle of Rosé Brut is long gone, so I believe it pretty safe now ... come to think of it - we don't watch live TV, so I wouldn't know. :):):)
Sky News was live (and licence-free I'm told - I would never infringe on BBC revenue stream).
I think you still need a tv license!

Reactions: GLK
A third bottle of Rosé Brut is long gone, so I believe it pretty safe now ...
Don't you believe it. Most if not all of the extended Markle family members will in due course be looking to get their snouts in the trough and gain as much celebrity and - most importantly - money from their tenuous and distant family connection as they can, and the media will certainly not be backward in encouraging them. Then there will be the kiss 'n tell ratbags from her previous relationships scrambling for their share too.

The Palace media machine will have its hands full for quite some time, I suspect.

We popped down as we were in London visiting family, it was a lovely atmosphere, surrounded by happy people.. Windsor is beautiful :)

I avoided the coverage on TV as it didn't interest me, but, Royal weddings don't occur too often and for those who enjoy the spectacle I'm sure they had a great day. Windsor is indeed a beautiful town. I bet the US were very impressed with what they saw.

I think you still need a tv license!
28341210608_81e9cfd3c5_o.png

Reactions: 219
Commentary on the wedding cars? She is still in the huff with me, after 46 years, cos I wanted to drive our wedding car, it was a Rolls-Royce, now I know I would have been disappointed with the shadow.

American preacher reminded me of tele-evangelists (we lived across the pond for a bit), so it was muted after the first two minutes.
Apparently he went on for a [second] bottle of rose brut and a half of red (my timekeeping might be slightly off this afternoon).
Reminded me of a scene out of an Eddy Murphy movie!!

Didn't get to see much of it live but I'm watching the highlights now with all the tedious bits left out. I think they must have cut the american preacher short too as he didn't seem to go on much too long. Definitely a royal wedding with a difference that is making a statement. Great choice of music and an impressive spectacle. Meghan is a very cool customer and carried the whole thing off impeccably. I sincerely hope that in the long term they remain as happy as they looked today.

lovely couple .

Last edited:
Reactions: 219
We started watching it from around 11:30.

I am not a royalist but I quite enjoyed it. I think those lads have brought the whole royal thing forward a few years and actually seem quite decent guys.

Some nice motors and they were very lucky with the weather.

I noticed the banner in the crowd too although I thought it stated "I married a ginge too". Most amusing!

We started watching it from around 11:30.

I am not a royalist but I quite enjoyed it. I think those lads have brought the whole royal thing forward a few years and actually seem quite decent guys.

Some nice motors and they were very lucky with the weather.

I noticed the banner in the crowd too although I thought it stated "I married a ginge too". Most amusing!

Indeed. I think this generation of Royals are a substantial improvement on the last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom