anybody ever hired a narrowboat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
narrow boating recommended

hi guys weather wasn't too good but enjoyed it anyway a good way to chill out 4 mph or less is the way forward !! here she is tied up at skipton we spent 2 nights there due to the amount of pubs [ too many to do in 1 night at my age ]

Attachments

• canal hol edited 002.jpg
    canal hol edited 002.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 39
  • canal hol edited 004.jpg
    canal hol edited 004.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 39
More people should get afloat , really chills you out doesn't it ?

Howard said:
really chills you out doesn't it ?

Many years ago, we took a boat on the Thames from Pangbourne to Lechlade. In February. We spent most of the journey ice-breaking.

At one point, somebody (not me) ran the thing aground, so me and a mate had to jump in the river to push the boat free.

That certainly chilled us out :crazy:

The upriver Thames is a very different animal to the lower Thames where i work ... February is madness though ...

Slightly different , but myself and 4 friends delivered THIS boat a couple of weekends ago , only from Shepperton to Penton Hook , but strangely it took us all day and we managed to consume 40 cans of Carlsberg between 5 of us during the course of the delivery .... i got a bit sunburnt too ... :eek:

So peaceful ....

More people should get afloat , really chills you out doesn't it ?

When I worked on the Caledonian canal, Inverness, I would take the new arrivals through the first lock to get them on their way. Initially they would be stressed out from work and travelling, 'which is our boat? we must get loaded up. Kids take your own stuff, somebody watch the dog, what time does the lock close? Is the car safe here? we want to be in Fort William by thursday, what do we do if we have a breakdown?'

Two weeks later I see them again and they were comletely different people. Arriving back late (no problem), thinking of taking a couple of extra days to get home, never mind work, it can wait, and generally their lives had slowed down.

I recommend it to any one.

See , i'm lucky , i get to live that every day ! ;)

I'm one of the only people i know who is actually happy to go to work in the morning .

Slightly different , but myself and 4 friends delivered THIS boat a couple of weekends ago , only from Shepperton to Penton Hook , but strangely it took us all day ...

God that was quick.....would have taken me a lot longer.....:D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom