Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Anybody within striking distance of me (Warrington/Preston/M6 J31A) going to France should make sure they have room for a few cases of rose Pineau on the way back, Suzy Q adores the stuff and can make pretty short work of a bottle..........

Thanks

Last edited:
I don't like wine or the French, so it's a no from me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing wrong with the French, I've found most to be quite considerate and helpful. Shame that the same thing can't be said about a lot of people in this country.

A few years ago we did a motorcycle tour of France and Spain. Stayed in Perpignan Balladins whom I didn't know shared their car park with the railway station. The manager took me to the rear of the hotel and opened his private garage, shoved his jet ski to one side and allowed my bike to park in there. In contrast we stayed at a B&B in Folkestone on the way down and had to chain it to the hotel railings.

Daz

Nothing wrong with the French, I've found most to be quite considerate and helpful. Shame that the same thing can't be said about a lot of people in this country.

Get yourself over for a visit and bring some wine back for Gollom then, everyone's a winner!

I may be but I am in London so you would need to get them from London to Preston. If you can arrange that post or PM me a link to the exact item please.

Last edited:
The Wine Society stocks it in the UK Gollom - more expensive than France but less than the cost of a trip there! My mother knocks the stuff back like water so I regularly order it for her.

Alternatively for short trips to Calais, there is an English merchant that will store wines there for you to pick up which have been sent there by producers for a very reasonable price.

I'll be going over before Christmas so happy to pick you some up then if you want? Also I'm spending a lot of time in the palatinates at the moment and am discovering some fantastic German wines I would never have considered previously.

PS. Sat Nav will be on it's way to you Monday by Royal Mail 24 hr :thumb:

no why would you want to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom