Anybody had a chip/Remap done to there Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not True.

Also, unless you like throwing money away, I wouldn't bother telling your insurance company, it's just an excuse for them to up the premium. For them to tell they would need to plug the car in to a diagnostic machine, read the installed map, compare it to a standard map and spot the difference. I'm sure they could in theory, in reality it will never happen...

Not something I would recommend. You wouldn't be insured, would you?:doh:

Not something I would recommend. You wouldn't be insured, would you?:doh:

Read it again, how could they tell??

I also speak from experience. I've been fully paid out on a car that had upgraded brakes, a cat back, re-map, modified shifter, bushing's, etc.

I declared the exhaust as it was obvious from looking at the car, but nothing else. They didn't even ask during the claim..

ML 270 CDI - 163BHP to 210BHP and 400Nm of torque.

Smoother, faster, less gearchanges - all over a better vehicle - more driveable and less frightening when pulling onto a fast road!

South West IN Car Tech did the job and did a gearbox reset.

tuning box added

Hi,

I've recently added a tuning box (tuningbox.com) to my v6 e280cdi - even with the autobox in "comfort" mode, the difference in response is appreciable and feels equal to, possible better than, my last car which was a v6 E320cdi.

I've had it in place for almost 4000km (about 2500miles) and even allowing for the inevitable harder driving style while one gets over the novelty factor, I've seen a slight improvement (5% to 10% more per full tank) in fuel economy.

I'm not worried about prematurely wearing out mechanical components as the 280 is just a tuned-down e320 so any mechanical thresholds should have plenty of leeway.

So, happy bunny so far...

Cheers,
Eddie

Is there any difference in all those boxes listed on ebay. I have borrowed the 'Italian box' from a friend and it is really noticeable... more power more mid range grunt and the computer is telling me lies by saying I'm getting 51 mpg. I just don't believe the thing. Anyway, I'll work out the MPG the old fashioned way.
So I want to buy one myself, which is the one to get... the german one, the italian one, the expensive uk one or is it all the same inside the metal box. Or should I just buy the same one my mates got and give him his back ?

brocas said:
I'm having my 220 cdi done by angel tuning tomorrow morning!

Good stuff, hope all goes well! Let us know how you get on. I'm gonna check their site just now to find out about the C180 CGI.

Cheers

Best bet is always to go for a remap, but ensure it is with a reputable and proven Tuner.

Jules.

old thread but here goes...

just been offered a Brabus Eco Power extra D5 (III) box for a song. (for my E280 CDI facelift)

Ive ummed an aahh'd about fitting one for a while and now that i'm getting it,

was wondering-

1. is it easy to self- install?

2. any draw backs?

3. should come with badges etc... do i fit them or will it look naff? (i have the Avantgarde spec w/o rear pipes visible)

4. any tips about de-badging properly?

My insurance company said extra £33 for the privilege...

thanks in advance!!

1. is it easy to self- install? Yes, someone on here will have the instructions - perhaps a separate thread request.

2. any draw backs? I wouldn't expect better economy - I don't think you can have it both ways - others disagree.

3. should come with badges etc... do i fit them or will it look naff? (i have the Avantgarde spec w/o rear pipes visible) Mine were on the car already - some love, some hate. I like mine as, combined with the body kit etc. they make the car that bit different.

4. any tips about de-badging properly?

My insurance company said extra £33 for the privilege... I'd be interested in hearing which company?

Last edited:
I've got a PDF of the D6 Brabus chip if you need it, I would assume that they're the same as the D5.

It's pretty straightforward, just a little fiddly.

Thanks John!

Hopefully should have the stuff before the end of the week... will have a look at what comes along and perhaps change over the badges :)

Thanks SPX... will have a look at what comes with the 'box' otherwise I might trouble you for that PDF...

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Thanks John!

Hopefully should have the stuff before the end of the week... will have a look at what comes along and perhaps change over the badges :)

Thanks SPX... will have a look at what comes with the 'box' otherwise I might trouble you for that PDF...

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Who was the insurance co. please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom