Anybody have STAR diagnostics or other diagnostics in Exeter that could help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GT160

Car
Mercedes C Class (W203)
Hi,

Anybody in or near Exeter Devon that had access to Star or equivalent help with my Mercedes 2004 C Class w203 electric drain.

Alternatively can anyone recommend any diagnostic softwares that may do similar that is available to buy. I have a basic OBD and have been fortunate enough to have Peugeot/Citroen main dealer software as well as VCDs for VAG but have never had the need for the Mercedes. Just wandering whether there is a reasonable affordable solution if possible?

Many thanks

A multimeter would be the tool for checking parasitic drains.

Connect the multimeter to read the current draw from the battery. Turn off the car and leave it ten minutes or so to shutdown, key out of the ignition switch but the door or boot or bonnet open to access the fuses

Remove one fuse at a time until the current drain drops to normal and you have found the errrent circuit.

A multimeter would be the tool for checking parasitic drains.

Connect the multimeter to read the current draw from the battery. Turn off the car and leave it ten minutes or so to shutdown, key out of the ignition switch but the door or boot or bonnet open to access the fuses

Remove one fuse at a time until the current drain drops to normal and you have found the errrent circuit.
Thanks good advice, sorry I should have said I have already done this and have posted separately and it maybe to do with the canbus system which is why I think some sort of diagnostics is now needed

Icarsoft code readers are MB specific , very affordable but not sure if they are what’s needed for your issues

Thanks I will have a look I'm not entirely sure to be honest, what can and cannot look at the canbus system I have a funny feeling it might be limited to star.

I'm a bit new to Mercedes as I've always worked on our own cars with my dad but to be honest in the years of ownership other than wear and tear and regular servicing it's never needed anything really.

Thanks good advice, sorry I should have said I have already done this and have posted separately and it maybe to do with the canbus system which is why I think some sort of diagnostics is now needed
I realised when I saw the other post!

I think a good Indie with Star or an Auto electrician is the way forward. Good luck and let us know how you get on. 👍

I am afraid I am too late to assist with your query, as I have only just joined the forum. However, in case you have not yet discovered them, you should get to know MBS (Peter Anning, ex-MB main agent). I lived in Exeter for 15 years and received excellent service from them. Peter looked after my '04 500 CLK, so is well-acquainted with cars from that era. I hope this is helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom