Anybody in France now or soon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welland99

Car
W210 E280 estate 1999 facelift; 6th gen honda accord coupe 2000
We had a disaster in France recently when our car caught fire and burned out, causing serious damage to the folding camper that we were towing. Unfortunately, our camper is now stranded in France with 3 bicycles.

Is anybody able to offer any assistance in repatriation of either bicycles or some contents from our camper? It is located in a garage at 63360 Gerzat, which is very close to the A89 motorway, north east of Clermont Ferrand.

Willing to pay for repatriation to uk. Any help much appreciated.

Very sorry to hear the news. Unfortunately I'm not able help, but I really do hope you get your belongings back very soon.

Is the camper safe to tow, just thinking if there's a lot to bring back then it may be easier to tow it all back than squeeze it into another car.

Is the camper safe to tow.

I don't know yet. The area of concern is the tow hitch and I'm awaiting photos and a report on the condition of this from the garage where it is located.

However, if I could retrieve my contents, I'd be (sadly) content to scrap the camper in france as the damage is so severe that it's value is likely in the salvage value of components that can be removed.

Sounds an awful thing to happed, glad you are all ok. If the tow socket area damaged in the fire I am guessing the plug and wires are going to be melted.

tow recovery will probably need a 'lightboard' attached.

Good luck.

We live in France, but too far (Brittany) to be of practical help. However if you need help with translation or contacting people, send me a mail . .

22fc505.png

I suggest you put a post up on https://www.shiply.com, which is a courier service.

It's a bit off the wall, but you may be able to find someone looking to fill a return load. (i.e. they've delivered to France and have an empty return vehicle. As you know yourself, there a lot of commercial traffic to Clermont Ferrand)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom