Anybody in Mansfield could take a look at an CLK for me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
As in title! It's a CLK240 (04) at 94K for £2.7K. I'm not expecting a crawl underneath, technical appraisal, take a magnifying glass type of thing (although that would be nice...... ;)) but just a general look over at condition, check roof operation, listen to the engine, check for rust in the normal places etc. Would be much appreciated - happy to provide beer tokens or make a contribution the The Alzheimer's Society

General: What are the main things to look for on this model please? Is the 240 generally bulletproof?

I would look for a CLK320 - with the solid 3.2L M112 engine. Don’t go for a 240 IMO

I would look for a CLK320 - with the solid 3.2L M112 engine. Don’t go for a 240 IMO
Appreciate your input. Is the 240 a problem engine? Power not especially important, but budget is sadly! Could not see anything within our range

I had 240 in my W211 from 04 and it was bulletproof. The only downside was that it wasn’t very economical with petrol but never gave me any problems.

Nothing wrong with a 2.6, my Dad had it on his old W211, bullet proof.

You want the car as a cruiser right? it has more than enough power to get around.

Is it an early 04 or late? - Early ones could still be the tail end of the pre-facelift non galvanised version with possible rusty rear aches.

Drop me the link to the car in PM if you like.

Last edited:
Appreciate your input. Is the 240 a problem engine? Power not especially important, but budget is sadly! Could not see anything within our range
No not problematic as such but not much more efficient than the 320 on fuel so was just thinking you may as well have the extra power :)

No not problematic as such but not much more efficient than the 320 on fuel so was just thinking you may as well have the extra power :)
I'd like it too! Damm budget! LOL

PCS used to have a W203 240 as a loan car. The bodywork was terrible - typical early 203- but the engine was great. I don't think they have any particular problems but most preferred the 320 as fuel consumption was pretty much identical.

No Mansfield or nearby residents? Would be appreciated!!

Plus, more importantly, the extra torque.

Plus, more importantly, the extra torque.
Don't disagree, but finding a good one at around £2.5K is somewhat of a challenge. Unless you know different of course....... :)

Don't disagree, but finding a good one at around £2.5K is somewhat of a challenge. Unless you know different of course....... :)
I have no other knowledge of any!

I do tend to find that cars with larger engine capacities tend to be less popular because of the perceived high fuel consumption.

My C320 was quite capable of achieving a true brim to brim 36mpg on a motorway cruise and was a wonderfully smooth engine with a rather pleasant V6 howl when extended.

I have mainly bought used cars with some of the larger engines that were available in the range because they are expensive when new, tend to be well equipped and tend to be looked after and serviced properly.

Of course there are exceptions but I have either been lucky or diligent so far👍

Go big or Go home ;)

Bump!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom