Anybody interested in a Quickparc group buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swl

A friend of mine had Quickparc fitted on her car. It was done by a company used by one of the London dealers. I called the guy and got the following prices.

To supply & fit and bezels (or whatever they are called) will be sprayed to your car colour code:

£245 + Vat (only 1 unit in the order)
£225 + Vat (if there are 5 units in the order)

C$$h only also quoted if there are 5 units in the order. PM me if you are interested.

I also got prices for supply only:
£140 + vat (if there are 5 units in the order)

I am mainly looking for a Supply & Fit option as diy skills are non-existent as far as cutting holes are concerned. Prices quoted are for fitting the rear sensors only. Please note that the company is in London.

So, anybody interested?

Regards,
swl

swl said:
A friend of mine had Quickparc fitted on her car. It was done by a company used by one of the London dealers. I called the guy and got the following prices.

To supply & fit and bezels (or whatever they are called) will be sprayed to your car colour code:

£245 + Vat (only 1 unit in the order)
£225 + Vat (if there are 5 units in the order)

C$$h only also quoted if there are 5 units in the order. PM me if you are interested.

I also got prices for supply only:
£140 + vat (if there are 5 units in the order)

I am mainly looking for a Supply & Fit option as diy skills are non-existent as far as cutting holes are concerned. Prices quoted are for fitting the rear sensors only. Please note that the company is in London.

So, anybody interested?

Regards,
swl

If you are going to spray the sensors then you may as well use the BOSCH kit.

3 interested so far - anymore takers?

The title says it all. Slight discount for a c$$h job. Any more interested parties?

Where can i get some more info on quick park?
i will check the web actually hold on a min....

nope , can't find any info, please suggest ?
Steve

splang said:
nope , can't find any info, please suggest ?
Steve

If you do a search on this forum, you will find that some members have installed it and commented about it against the other rear sensors available on the market.

It used to be on the Accessories section of the MB web site.

Regards,
swl

Can you please narrow down which part of London the 'guy' is based in?

Does this include the correct fitting kit for your model?
If so, I would be interested in only supply, as I can fit myself.

Apologies for wrong info

Turned out the price quoted is for the Cobra Parkmaster and not Quickparc!

I had automatically assumed that it was Quickparc we were talking about since my friend did enquire about it at the MB dealership and it was the dealer who told her to get it fitted at this guy's place.

Anyhow, I have give the MB part numbers to the guy and he will get back to me about pricing. Personally, I think the price will be more than what most of us will be willing to pay.

Once again, I apologize for the wrong info.

Regards,
swl

swl said:
Turned out the price quoted is for the Cobra Parkmaster and not Quickparc!

I had automatically assumed that it was Quickparc we were talking about since my friend did enquire about it at the MB dealership and it was the dealer who told her to get it fitted at this guy's place.

Anyhow, I have give the MB part numbers to the guy and he will get back to me about pricing. Personally, I think the price will be more than what most of us will be willing to pay.

Once again, I apologize for the wrong info.

Regards,
swl

Just get the BOSCH kit and someone to install and paint them for you.

Update & Query about part numbers and prices

I gave the following part numbers for the W203 to the guy to check with MB since MB servicing didn't call me back :mad:

(1) Complete kit for rear - B6 782 3804 - £474.96

(2) Basic kit - B6 782 3401 - £249.97
(3) C-class (vehicle specific kit) - B6 782 3402 - £23.50

Can someone confirmed if (2) and (3) is all that is needed for Quickparc as I am none the wiser as to why (1) is so much more expensive. Even if (3) is just the price for 1 sensor, adding the price for 4 of this and (2) it is still less than the price of (1)!

I spoke to the guy who fitted my friend's car again today. He said he had fitted Laserline to her car and that's what he normally fits on the cars recommended by the MB dealer to his place. He said he send the part somewhere else to be sprayed to your car colour code and it takes him about 4 hours to fit. He will consider £245 (all in) for supply, fit and painting. Is this a good price? The people who PM me, are you interested in this?

Actually, has anyone bought Parktronic or Quickparc from MBenzNL? Does anyone know when Steve is coming to the UK again?

miro said:
Just get the BOSCH kit and someone to install and paint them for you.

Did a search on the internet and can't seem to find any dealer selling ParkPilot in the UK. Might call Bosch tomorrow. May I have the part number if you know what it is? Thanks.

Regards,
swl

Yes, I am interested, but only if the sensors are not bigger than a 20p coin -- otherwise, it will look hideous.

Thanks for keeping on at this.

swl said:
I spoke to the guy who fitted my friend's car again today. He said he had fitted Laserline to her car and that's what he normally fits on the cars recommended by the MB dealer to his place. He said he send the part somewhere else to be sprayed to your car colour code and it takes him about 4 hours to fit. He will consider £245 (all in) for supply, fit and painting. Is this a good price? The people who PM me, are you interested in this?

Have been looking around at the market.

This got my interest:-
Quanan 2880V, Recessed Front & rear Parking 8 Sensor Kit
£200 incl VAT + £10 for bumper cutting tools
They also have a list of recommended fitters.

They have various models, this is the MB ( :) ) of the range
http://www.parking-sensor.co.uk/order/2880v.htm

Anybody got knowledge of these?

not sure I like the look of the display .. once it's on the dash, it shouts 'look at me' ... maybe it can be mounted somewhere a lot more discrete.

Ralph said:
Have been looking around at the market.

This got my interest:-
Quanan 2880V, Recessed Front & rear Parking 8 Sensor Kit
£200 incl VAT + £10 for bumper cutting tools
They also have a list of recommended fitters.

They have various models, this is the MB ( :) ) of the range
http://www.parking-sensor.co.uk/order/2880v.htm

Anybody got knowledge of these?

From the Quanan site:-

The LCD Display stand can be removed to allow the display to be fitted to vertical surface.
LCD Display Unit dimensions:
Total Height: 75mm
Display Unit Height: 57mm
Width: 80mm
Depth: 15mm

On my car I have identified 3 possible locations for the dispay only (57x80x15mm).
On the front of the cup holder cover
On the dash, to the left of the steering wheel, below the clock. (I have my steering wheel set low) [NEATEST SOLUTION]
Above, behind, and to the right hand side of the mirror. (Can only see the top half of the display, ie the numbers not the graphic) [PRACTICAL SOLUTION - IF YOU ARE NAUGHTY AND REVERSE USING THE REAR VIEW MIRROR]

Q. Is there a front and rear system with audible alert only?

We do not sell Audible only, Front and rear sensor kits. The digital display unit also emits the same sounds as the sound only models, you have two options (1) what many people have done is to hide the digital display unit away, as you would the audible only unit (2) others have fitted two reverse kits, one to the front and the other to the rear. The power supply for the front kit will need to be wired up via a switch on the dashboard. You may also need long sensor cables for the front if you have a long bonnet, we can supply kits with 7m long sensor cables on request.

Another model in the range received a Best Buy Award by Auto Express.
They do have a trade sales page. If there is interest we could enquire about a group buy.

I emailed > parking-sensor.co.uk

Q. Do I need the H33 relay for the brake light switch?
A. If the vehicle has a bulb failure alert or monitoring system then you do need to wire this up via a relay.

Q. Could I connect the system to the Comand speed pulse to activate the front sensors?
A. This is a specific Mercedes question which we cannot answer. You will need to ask a MB expert.

Q. What mounting facility does the LCD Digital display have if the stand is removed?
A. Once the stand is removed the display can be fixed to a vertical surface using double sided pads.

Q. Your products are under discussion on the MBclubUK web site at the moment. Would you consider a discount for a group buy?
A. We can offer a 10% discount to your Club on all our Parking Sensor Kits except the 1820A (2 Self Adhesive Sensor) as this is already heavily discounted. Ask your members to email the details
([email protected]) of which kit they want to order and we can return details of how to order at the discounted rate or call 0870 199
7454 and mention the MBclub to get their discount. Depending on the volumes, we could set up a specific ordering page for your club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom