Anybody near Southampton?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
This popped up on autotrader. It's Cat N and the seller has just replied to me (email well written - like the other thread, the way someone writes can say much about them!!) saying the damage was "bump to rear bumper which has been fixed" He has also given me the VIN. Anybody live close by who would go an have a looksee for me please? Has red seats so makes an easier sell to SWMBO! LOL

E 250 convertible

Private sell, very nice car to drive, red roof and red leather seats, E250 AMG so quite quick, low on tax and insurance, very good on fuel, recent service with no issues, drives beautifully, heated seats, folded and heater mirrors, sat nav with latest maps, DAB and internet radios, USB/SD card/Bluetooth music, Bluetooth phone etc. self parking option (car parks by itself), featuring air cap/wind deflector for comfortable ride with roof down and double insulated roof for quieter cruising, MOT till March, genuine reason for sale Next MOT due 01/03/2025, Part service history, Silver, 2 owners, £8,250

66cbef8295ef4997877c23d4089c9539.jpg 2457e6d856fd4065808a4217d7eccefe.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed. That looks lovely. Great colour scheme. Hope all is as good as it looks.

Edit: taken a look at the listing and that front bumper doesn’t sit right…
Also looks a different shade.

Last edited:
Cat N shouldn't be an issue, do you know when it was damaged and where it was repaired?

Sometimes Car Vertical have images of the damage.

Agreed. That looks lovely. Great colour scheme. Hope all is as good as it looks.

Edit: taken a look at the listing and that front bumper doesn’t sit right…
Also looks a different shade.
Good spot. The offside bumper has a very wide gap where it is supposed to join the wing.

Cat N shouldn't be an issue, do you know when it was damaged and where it was repaired?

Sometimes Car Vertical have images of the damage.
He is going to send me closer pics of the offending area. He also said that it may benefit from a respray as there are still "scuffs" As far as I am concerned that gives me ammunition to get the price down and also, gives me some confidence that the guy is being upfront.

I thought i saw a post in the last couple of days from a member who said he was near Southampton, but dammed if I can remember who it was!

Reactions: Ted
Most cars of this age would have had some bodywork. If the price is good I wouldn’t bother about the CAT status.

Most cars of this age would have had some bodywork. If the price is good I wouldn’t bother about the CAT status.
Tend to agree, but too far to pop by on-spec - hence looking for a local! Must be SOMEONE who is not too far. Someone suggested @BlackC55 but stretching a favour too far? :)

I understand insurance MAY be more expensive, so have to bear that it mind

Our 2 respected indies in that area - namely Ollie and Colin (MBS) are both quite close to Southampton, just off the M3 slightly north of its junction with the M27. Might cost you a few beer vouchers, but you'd get a qualified mechanic's appraisal!!

Is Aircap similar to Airscarf? I do not see air vents in the front headrests as on my SLK, and we find that feature fantastic, as is the rear wind deflector. I'm pretty sure I've seen a member on here or t'other side praising the E convertible roof down windows up even when it's cold, but can't remember who!!

The other thing I don't see is memory seats - important if you intend both of you to drive it. We don't have that on the S204 (nor the SLK, but that doesn't matter as Cora for some unknown reason will not drive it!!) and adjusting seat, rear view mirror etc every time we change drivers is a PITA!

I understand insurance MAY be more expensive, so have to bear that it mind
From what I understand it shouldn’t be more expensive, but (understandably) the pay out will be lower if subject to a total loss to account for the lower value.

Something doesn't sit right for me (and I'm not talking about the front end alignment). A "bump to rear bumper" (i.e. new bumper skin, crash pad and some paint) shouldn't be anywhere near enough to write off a car of that value, which suggests the impact was more significant and they're trying to play it down.

Equally, the fact that it's still scuffed and would benefit from further spray work means they've either just slapped on a used bumper, or reinforces the suggestion that the damage was higher than they're admitting to.

I believe ‘Air cap’ is the net like wind deflector that pops up above the windscreen when the roof is down.
Yup - gets very good reviews too. No airscarf on this particular car

As mentioned by Ted...Front wing bumper alignment is poor....Still seems a lot of car but...might end up a nightmare...if you end up with uneven tyre wear due to more damage hidden...How long has he owned it...I would give it serious thought...Does he have pictures of the damage prior to the repair...

and I “be in Menspanze” then “Booood” for a day but back before the weekend..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom