Anybody selling or can make a turbo adapter?

Discussion in 'Engine' started by PaddyEnglish86, Aug 17, 2017.

1. PaddyEnglish86

PaddyEnglish86 Active Member

Car:
    Mercedes W202 C250TD
    I have a W202 C250TD and I'm looking for a turbo flange adapter to fit a GT2871 or something similar. I don't mind if it's used or if somebody can make one themselves if they've done it before.

Thanks

2. PobodY

PobodY MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK350 Sport, Nissan GTiR
    Can't you just buy one on eBay?

The Garrett turbos are a pretty common fitment, and from memory it's a four-bolt rectangular inlet and a five-bolt oval outlet on the turbine side. The compressor side is usually a two-bolt flange inlet (unless you've got the anti-surge plate) and a three-bolt outlet.

I've got the old elbow off a 2804 in my garage at the moment (because I'm replacing it with a 3" elbow) if you want a photo of the exhaust flange.

3. 91dm

91dm Active Member

Car:
    A few
    I think dieselpumpuk now sells them.

Fairly straight forward if you had the two flanges, the 3 bolt mercedes flange is different to standard flanges. Try superturbodiesel, there's pictures etc of home made adapters.

4. OP
    OP
    PaddyEnglish86

Car:
    Mercedes W202 C250TD
    Unfortunately these diesels have a silly three bolt pattern. Adapters are needed to fit aftermarket turbos

5. OP
    OP
    PaddyEnglish86

Car:
    Mercedes W202 C250TD
    I saw them on the DPUK for about £200. I was planning to make everything myself in the beginning but I would need to buy a decent welder and then find the time to make it. If I could get hold of a used adapter or get someone to make cheaply it would give me a great head start

6. 91dm

91dm Active Member

Car:
    A few
    They do come up rarely for sale.

Could buy a cheap 605/606 exhaust manifold, a 90' bend and a t3 flange and take it to someone to weld. It wouldn't cost a fortune, take a picture of already made adapters so they can see the angle etc.

7. PobodY

PobodY MB Enthusiast

Car:
    That's a shame; it's quite easy to find a Borg Warner to Garrett adaptor, but you're right that it's got four bolt holes for each.

A competent exhaust fabricator could probably knock one up for you; try Pipewerx in Ormskirk, their work is really good.

8. OP
    OP
    PaddyEnglish86

Car:
    Mercedes W202 C250TD
    Great ideas! I think I will just have to bite the bullet and take the car to a shop and get it done. There is a company near me in Ashford called Fast Road Conversions which do Powerspeed exhausts. Has anyone heard of them?

9. PobodY

PobodY MB Enthusiast

Car:
    I'm sure I've seen them mentioned positively before, but you know how things can change over the years. - They definitely claim to do turbo conversions, so you could be on to a winner.