Anybody user Mercserve Nottingham?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StevenN

Car
E220 CDI 2002 W210 Auto
Hi all

Can anybody give any feedback or opinion about Mercserve Nottingham.

I have had a competitive quote for servicing etc but are they any good?

I have done a quick search an a couple of users have praised their service but I wondered if anybody else had used them?

Many thanks

Steve

Oh well I will reply to my own post

I recently posted asking if anyone has any experience using Mercserve of Nottingham.
Well after an overwhelming response I have decided to answer my own question.

I booked my E220 W210 in for the following work.
A Service
Droplinks
Gearbox refill and filter change
Also sort the headlight levelling rear rod to roll bar
(another post that I ended up answering myself:wallbash:)
Mercserve did a great job. Roger gave me a run down on the checks that were done doing the A service.
Advised that the front pads and discs are near to limits also the alternator will need attention sooner or later.
As for the other work the car feels like a new car. The drop links must have been really shot.
The gearbox changes more smoothly and it seems more quiet.
All in all I am very pleased with the service provided and the cost was very competitive as well
I would have no hesitation on recommending Mercserve to auy other members.

Regards

Steve:)

Interesting to know - thanks!

I have never used them, hence I couldn't give any feedback - sorry.

I have had the pleasure of the main dealer in the town, not for servicing however, but it was enough to learn that I would never trust my car to them for anything again.

I have also tried MB off Lenton Lane and they have done the job OK, but I didn't think they were anything like as cheap as they like to think they are, and they failed the 'washer bottle already full' test.

So maybe it's worth giving these guys a go next time. Where abouts are they?

More feedback

I feel that all service agents are the same withh the washer bottle test.
Perhaps you need to leave a bottle on the passenger seat.

I have had call to phone Mercserve again as I am having trouble with cold starting.
I had checked the Glowplugs but all ok there.

They said there could be a fault in the fuel line and maybe some washers needed to be changed.

Well it went in today and straight away the computer told them that the fault was with injectors 2 & 3.

They have told me they can get recon injectors from MB at a reasonable cost compared to new.

I also had a problem with the Alternator Pully.
At first they told me that a new alternator would be required.
I told them that I had seen on here that the pully can be replaced on it's own.

They looked into it and they can now get the pully on it's own.

They are doing that as well.

The work is done but they have asked if they can keep the car overnight to check it cold in the morning.

I have not been told the final cost yet but I am sure it will be in the area of £500.:wallbash:

I know that I could have sourced the parts and done the job at home but I am still getting to grips with the mystery that is MB.

I will post the outcome when I pick the car up

regards

Steve

Ps Do we have a source of parts on the forum?

Get the injectors from Euro Car Parts. Much cheaper.

ouch!

:doh: £715 inc vat

The parts were not too bad suppose, really. they came from MB after all.
So that must count to something. (i keep telling myself)

The labour was a bit rough though.
They did explain the someone had botched a job sealling a leaking injector and had knackered one of the fixing bolts.

Oh well what can go wrong next?

Well it starts on the button and runs a lot quieter now the pully has been done.

Please can I have some happy motoring now:)

Still thumbs up for Mercserve!

With all this plugging can I have a discount next time please?

Steve

Hi Steve, in Nottingham I can recommend either MB Nottingham - John is a helpfull chap (indie) or HAC service centre - Carl, very reasonable, in the lady bay area. Have used them both, my dad has used MB Nottingham for ten years and wouldn't go anywhere else.

Hi i have known these guys for nearly 20yrs, they seem to be genuine, price wise very reasonable. I would recommend! :)

Roger and Nathan are the guys who run it. You can mention Coy (2002 Mercedes CL500)

Thanks

Hi Steve, in Nottingham I can recommend either MB Nottingham - John is a helpfull chap (indie) or HAC service centre - Carl, very reasonable, in the lady bay area. Have used them both, my dad has used MB Nottingham for ten years and wouldn't go anywhere else.

That's re-assuring as that was the place that did a service a couple of weeks ago on my recently acquired Merc'. No receipt but a stamp in the service book. Does this keep the warranty stuff intact or did it need to be a dealer? No worries either way, just curious. I need to find a reputable place in Harrogate now but that's for different thread.

I took my car into MB Nottingham yesterday for the 1st time' A problem with my Battery draining overnight.
I have already been told how much it will be and pick the car up on Monday afternoon and will post a report then .

Mercserve are absolutely FANTASTIC.
I bought a used car, they inspected it for me thoroughly for £50 (one hour labour). I bought it and asked them to service it before collecting it from the nearby dealer. He had the big service done by the next morning (worked late and got up early as he was going on holiday!) and then knocked £50 off the service bill purely out of kindness. Roger is a wonderfully honest and reliable bloke, and I will be back to use him whenever I am in the area. Can not recommend him enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom