Anybody work for an upholstery company?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Off the wall I know! I need just one of these clips for the reclining mechanism. Can't find anywhere that does them!

82971755_3246900312010593_5929241731952510035_n.jpg

Well i would make one it looks easy enough .

Glad you think so! LOL.

A friend of mine now sadly deceased could make almost anything. I swear you could give him a piece of wire, a bit of scrap metal plus a battery and he'd have you mobile in 10 minutes!

Gollom the part your loking for will be hard to find .And Mercedes will be you only place .They will know the company that made your seating . Unles you purchase a used armrest from ebay i have seen them on there .Just thought there are spring makers around that would make one for you if they had the old one as a patent .

Gollom the part your loking for will be hard to find .And Mercedes will be you only place .They will know the company that made your seating . Unles you purchase a used armrest from ebay i have seen them on there .Just thought there are spring makers around that would make one for you if they had the old one as a patent .

Sorry, should have been clearer. It is for the recliner handle on our sofa. Thanks anyway

Looks like it would be pretty simple to make with a pair of pliers and some heat , depending on the diameter.

What sort of sizes are we talking about ?

If you can take a picture of it on top of a steel ruler and can measure the diameter i am at work today and may be able to assist providing you dont want a batch of 1000.

K

Reactions: 219
Gollom please be more specific in you post next time .

Bit abrupt? I normally am as you will see from my many posts.

But of course, in essence you are correct

Must Do Better. Must Do Better :) :) :)

Reactions: 219
Sorry for the post .We all do things like this from time to time .I am good at it ha ha . I could probably make one , but i would need the part in my hand . And then i would have made a dozen before it was good enough and like the one you need .

Sorry for the post .We all do things like this from time to time .I am good at it ha ha . I could probably make one , but i would need the part in my hand . And then i would have made a dozen before it was good enough and like the one you need .

No problem and thanks anyway. Someone has given me the number of a company that manufactures sofas so hopefully I can get sorted. They are a standard part in the vast majority of sofas

Wife broke the handle which I managed to source. But think the cat ate the little retaining clip! LOL

you know who made your sofa. Ask them from whom they buy the mechanism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom