anyone added Apple CarPlay and Android Auto ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

f17ant

Car
W205 C63 Saloon
Hi guys

The other day I added one of them Apple CarPlay / Android Auto modules to the W205 C63 and I have to say I'm very impressed. You keep all your original menus and settings but when you hold down the return key for like 3 seconds it takes you to a hidden menu which the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto is located.

Best of both worlds, all the OEM stereo screen and menu with the added feature. And it has to be said even if you have the traffic update on the Mercedes Navigation nothing beats Google Maps or Waze! It really brings the car up to 2020 specs!

was wondering if anyone else has one installed in their Mercedes and if they do which year/model

ill jump on my mobile after and upload a small clip

Antony

Last edited:
For some reason i attach the video but doesn't show it after.

So here's a link to my Instagram to see the clip

We regularly fit a UK developed/designed/software-written CarPlay and Android Auto box - works really nicely and full UK software support if Apple change something in the future (When not if really) or something odd happens with AA.

They are a great way to get AA and CarPlay functionality - the main issue is you need to listen to a source from the phone (internet radio, Spotify etc) as the main stereo is set to receive it's audio from the box and if you've changed that to DAB you may miss an incoming phone call from CarPlay because of no sound.

We regularly fit a UK developed/designed/software-written CarPlay and Android Auto box - works really nicely and full UK software support if Apple change something in the future (When not if really) or something odd happens with AA.

They are a great way to get AA and CarPlay functionality - the main issue is you need to listen to a source from the phone (internet radio, Spotify etc) as the main stereo is set to receive it's audio from the box and if you've changed that to DAB you may miss an incoming phone call from CarPlay because of no sound.
its definitely a good upgrade and what I like to is that for whatever reason if I don't want it anymore I simply just remove the module 😁

Hi guys

The other day I added one of them Apple CarPlay / Android Auto modules to the W205 C63 and I have to say I'm very impressed. You keep all your original menus and settings but when you hold down the return key for like 3 seconds it takes you to a hidden menu which the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto is located.

Best of both worlds, all the OEM stereo screen and menu with the added feature. And it has to be said even if you have the traffic update on the Mercedes Navigation nothing beats Google Maps or Waze! It really brings the car up to 2020 specs!

was wondering if anyone else has one installed in their Mercedes and if they do which year/model

Antony

Thanks a lot for the post Anthony, if you don't mind me asking how much did the entire installation cost and did you get some sort of warranty?

Hi Ant, thanks for the heads up on the installation. I've been thinking of going for this myself but have reservations about the sound quality. As Richard pointed out listening to the MB DAB radio has its drawbacks, so what is sound quality like via CarPlay? Also of interest how long did you have to wait to get your Sub & GMT??

Looks great I'm looking to upgrade my w204 to an android module... Seen them going around for about £400 I'm pretty handy so will probably fit it myself.. I'll definitely post an update when I get round to it

Thanks a lot for the post Anthony, if you don't mind me asking how much did the entire installation cost and did you get some sort of warranty?
hi mate, picked up the module online (amazon) for around £240 and installed it myself its very simple so many videos on YouTube to show you how its done. Get them plastic tools from eurocarparts or Halfords so you don't scratch the interior. But if you don't fancy that many people will install it for around £100. If the module fails in a couple of weeks I'm sure amazon will refund or PayPal if you use eBay

Hi Ant, thanks for the heads up on the installation. I've been thinking of going for this myself but have reservations about the sound quality. As Richard pointed out listening to the MB DAB radio has its drawbacks, so what is sound quality like via CarPlay? Also of interest how long did you have to wait to get your Sub & GMT??
I have the Bermister sound system in my C63, my mate that has installed a few of these said if you don't have the upgraded sound system you might notice the sound quality aint great when using Spotify (like when your using MB DAB Radio) but other than that all good. My Spotify works perfect sound quality is really good. (when I say using Spotify I mean via the CarPlay or Android Auto menu)

haha I have a friend that works for Rolex I got the Green Sub in around 6 months and the Black/Blue GMT in around 3 months 👍

Looks great I'm looking to upgrade my w204 to an android module... Seen them going around for about £400 I'm pretty handy so will probably fit it myself.. I'll definitely post an update when I get round to it
will look forward to that post mate. Have more of a hunt you might find it a bit cheaper but I remember when looking for a friends W212 it was around the £400 mark too

hi mate, picked up the module online (amazon) for around £240 and installed it myself its very simple so many videos on YouTube to show you how its done. Get them plastic tools from eurocarparts or Halfords so you don't scratch the interior. But if you don't fancy that many people will install it for around £100. If the module fails in a couple of weeks I'm sure amazon will refund or PayPal if you use eBay
thanks a lot for the advice!!

will look forward to that post mate. Have more of a hunt you might find it a bit cheaper but I remember when looking for a friends W212 it was around the £400 mark too
I'm on the hunt.. will probably also add a reverse and dashcam too at the same time

can you add android auto to w213 e220 ? is it possible ?

Hi guys

Antony
Which one did you get Integrated Automotive?

Hi guys

Antony
Could you share video again ? your link does not work

This?
Seems to be a quarter or the price of the one I'm looking at which cost £455 from Integrated Automotive, would like to know what the differences are? sound quality and have they both got the same specs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom