Anyone affected by the floods?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The village I live in and surrounding villages have the deepest water I've seen for decades.

Cleaned the salt off the underside a treat. :D

The Environment Agency are in the middle of building a flood defence scheme 20 yards from my door. We have actually never been properly flooded since I have been here - 10 years. When I say 'properly' the one time we have had a problem is because they neglected to open the sluice gates further upstream. This is a £300000 project to build a 3ft wall that is 70ft long.

I still worry about it though!

Fair bit of water coming past my place at the mo ;)

Currently about 100,000 gallons per second

21780_10151118972406814_1783169489_n.jpg

Travelled to the outlaws for the weekend in Bristol.

Saw lots of standing water in fields etc. Some banks had thoroughly busted.

Out laws live in a village west of the city on high ground. The short cut used to get to them was shut. Realised why on our home made diversion lots of slipped banks etc. The closed road when opened later in the week, was partly washed away in places and driveways etc. badly damaged. Debris all over the road.

I know the village at the bottom of the road (and hill) had been flooded.

A little driving around the Staffordshire countryside resulted in a little wading - the scenic route I wanted to take from the A51 to Milford Common was also closed, which I assume was due to flooding.

I even raised the air suspension as we waded through, just because we could!!

Here in the Lake District, just cool and cloudy, no rain.

:dk:

Despite the usual crap weather we get up here, I really feel for anybody that is affected by the flooding.

I've also decided I want to live where Howard does.

Despite the usual crap weather we get up here, I really feel for anybody that is affected by the flooding.

What, with a mole, a rat, and a badger :confused:.

Nah, it's all monochrome there. Need to get some colour in your life.

Perhaps the building boom on flood plains some years back wasn't such a good idea after all.

That's at work , it's not Toad Hall !

Can you believe they put me in charge of that lot ? :D

That's at work , it's not Toad Hall !

Can you believe they put me in charge of that lot ? :D

So the resultant carnage is your fault then ?

I have a small stream which runs through my garden. It disappears out of my garden through some through some "land with no apparent owner" and goes under the A6 through a culvert pipe of about 2 foot diameter. The culvert blocked the other day and water backed up across the A6 as the drains from the A6 drop into the stream just short of the culvert. This meant that traffic was held up as they were using the middle of the road to navigate the flood. Anyway I reported it to Lancs County Council via internet. Automated response - They have 10 days to act or ring us on this number. Yeah right.
Given the weather forecast me and my mate cleared the blockage ourselves. Some old tree logs, tyres and a high viz jacket had blocked the pipes mouth.
All clear now, no flooding on the A6 and all is calm in our little world here. Feel sorry for the people down south and middle England who have had a rough old time.
Me and my mate will probably get a bollocking for breaching some law or other or health and safety code if anyone saw us doing what we did but sod it, life is too short.

Terrible round here.
Not sure if I can even make it into work this week.

article-1298645-0A9D1BEF000005DC-441_468x286.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom