Anyone at Bicester Heritage Classic weekend 18-20th Sept?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tjamesbo

Car
CLK430 ,Vito V6 sport ,Jaguar 2.5 X type ,W124's 1993 220TE , 1994 320TE ,Mastercraft X5
Anyone going to the above ? I'm there on Sunday in the W124 maybe say hello
Boyd

you mean the drive in "cinema" event?

I forgot about that, not that it matters as i will be watching the 24 hours at Le Mans but i will be at the Breakfast Scramble on 4 October

I'm going to the show on Saturday (not the film part).

I haven't been to anything like this since the festival of speed in about 1995.

I have 3 aims; find the Alfa's, find the Mercs and see the Colin McRae track display thingy.

Anyone going to the above ? I'm there on Sunday in the W124 maybe say hello
Boyd

If you can get there for 10.00 you'll get in quickly as my 2 BIL's did. I go there are 10.30 and the queue was building up. Although you you're walking between 2 x flanks of classics so there's plenty to look at.

The Colin McRae driving display is great - it's more about a range of rally cars than jus his Scoobies. There are some Group B Quattro's and a Lancia 037 plus various others the most interesting of which was an SLC rally recreation. A good place to stand is at the end of the opening straight. There's a very wide 90 degree bend to your right/their left where they try to get as sideways as possible. Get there 15 mins early and bag a spot (there are fencing "pods" for six people each).

There was no MB or Alfa stand but plenty of interesting examples dotted around the car parks & show. I found some beautiful Pagodas and various 105-derived Alfas. Plenty of TR6's, various interesting Italians etc etc etc. Plus all sorts of other interesting meta. Uren Savage estate anyone?

I spent 4 hours there without even looking at my watch. Could have happily stayed longer but all three of us had 90 minute + drives to get home and visitors due early evening.20200919_114230.jpg20200919_131114.jpg20200919_131433.jpg20200919_131530.jpg20200919_134119.jpg20200919_141806.jpg20200919_142009.jpg20200919_142103.jpg20200919_142706.jpg

Shame we didn't know about this a little earlier, would have been a good event to post up for others.

One of my BIL's only heard about it on Monday or Tuesday and booked his tickets. Then my other BIL did the same on Wednesday as did I. I had no idea it even existed.

SL fom abover.jpgCortinas.jpgSpeedster recreation.jpg

Popped over on spec for a couple of hours with my 91 year-old Dad yesterday. No issue getting walk in tickets at the gate.
Plus all sorts of other interesting meta. Uren Savage estate anyone?
Reading the info plaque, it was Jeff Uren's own car that he used for almost three decades. The Mk2 Lotus Cortina looked sweet too, and to my mind there were as many interesting cars parked up in the flanks of classics before the entrance point as there were actually in the event.

Covid-19 has really hit the events at Bicester Heritage hard this year. The Sunday Scrambles are normally worth a look and the annual Fly Wheel event has a lovely atmosphere. Hopefully 2021 will be rather better.

A few shots from the day...

Stunning 3.8 Mk2 Jag:

8r4Kc6w.jpg

D-Type:

6wIUoRj.jpg

KUNYNAF.jpg

Immaculate DB6:

wXZsLlS.jpg

One of several Pagodas:

pcQKjMM.jpg

And a gorgeous '57 'vette:

d7bz8HV.jpg

A few shots from the day...

Stunning 3.8 Mk2 Jag:

8r4Kc6w.jpg

D-Type:

6wIUoRj.jpg

KUNYNAF.jpg

Immaculate DB6:

wXZsLlS.jpg

One of several Pagodas:

pcQKjMM.jpg

And a gorgeous '57 'vette:

d7bz8HV.jpg

Your pictures aren't loading for me.

Popped over on spec for a couple of hours with my 91 year-old Dad yesterday. No issue getting walk in tickets at the gate.

Reading the info plaque, it was Jeff Uren's own car that he used for almost three decades. The Mk2 Lotus Cortina looked sweet too, and to my mind there were as many interesting cars parked up in the flanks of classics before the entrance point as there were actually in the event.

Wow I didn't spot that it was his. I remember as kid just how outrageous it seemed to put a 3 litre V6 in Cortina of all things. Roll forward two decades it's AMG doing the same things only with W124's and V8's.

Covid-19 has really hit the events at Bicester Heritage hard this year. The Sunday Scrambles are normally worth a look and the annual Fly Wheel event has a lovely atmosphere. Hopefully 2021 will be rather better.

I'll keep them in mind for next year, thanks.

My two BIL's also want to do another one - although I'll also table the options of classic racing at Brands or Donnington or the hill climbs at Prescott or Shelsley Walsh.

Given that we're coming from three different places - west London, north London and Warminster Brands is probably the easiest for the three of us. I've been to some great BRSCC historic racing days down there in the past.

When I first moved to London in the late 80's I couldn't believe I had access to so many interesting circuits and events. I've fallen out of the habit since kids came along. Time to get back in the saddle.

I’m surprised I didn’t notice it on social media. I’m a member of a few car clubs and groups and it hasn’t been mentioned in any. It would have been a good run out for the 250 GTO.

Luckily one of my BIL's does the Facebook thing and that's how he found out. I'd never have known.

Your pictures aren't loading for me.
That's odd. They're hosted on imgur with no restrictions on access and they show up alright on my wife's iPad without being signed in to the forum (or imgur).

Anyone else not seeing the photos in my post?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom