Anyone bought or buying their C63 after lease?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aquanaut

Car
2020 C63s AMG Saloon
Or any Merc or other car? Its decision time for me soon and I am curious how many people pay the balloon payment. Leaning towards keeping mine for at least another 3 to 5 years

My wife bought her SLK350 at the end of the PCP.

Once you confirm with Mercedes-Benz Finance that is what you intend to do, they simply take the final payment from the bank account that has been used to make the monthly payments, under the existing Direct Debit mandate.

Bought my last three cars, including the C63.

Do you research though, sometimes the final payment can be above market value/price.

It might still make sense to pay a little more for a car you know and cherished from new....?

Hi Aquanaut :thumb:

Do you research though, sometimes the final payment can be above market value/price.

Yes this was the case with mine. MB's best offer was a good £2.5k-£3k below the GFV :mad: Even more annoying that mine was definitely in excellent condition and only had 14.5k miles (as opposed to the 20k the GFV was valued at).

Hi Aquanaut :thumb:

Yes this was the case with mine. MB's best offer was a good £2.5k-£3k below the GFV :mad: Even more annoying that mine was definitely in excellent condition and only had 14.5k miles (as opposed to the 20k the GFV was valued at).

I don;t understand how you can have a 'Guaranteed' FV and then be offered less?

I don;t understand how you can have a 'Guaranteed' FV and then be offered less?
I suspect that ghibbet was just testing the water to see what value an MB dealer would offer as a trade-in. The GFV is the price he would have had to pay MB Finance to own the car, which was £2k-3k more than the best trade-in price a dealer had offered (i.e. it was in negative equity), so he just handed back the keys.

I suspect that the GFV and market values are quite close on many MB cars now after they managed to get themselves stuck with lots of cars coming back that were worth significantly less than the GFV on the finance contract a few years ago.

If you wish to keep the car, then depending upon the model (especially if it has unusual options that are valuable to you) and known ownership history, it can still be worth paying a modest premium to keep it. That's what happened with my wife's SLK which is very well spec'd as although the GFV payment was notionally around £1k higher than market value for the car, it would have been very difficult to find another example with the same options in similar condition.

If offered, I will probably buy the car, once my lease is up.

It's on a 45,000mile/year lease, and with the scratches and scuffs it's picking up, if it's to get sorted, I may as well buy the car!

I'll keep the car, run it into the ground, and wait for the new E-Class to come out.

Then probably repeat.

I suspect that ghibbet was just testing the water to see what value an MB dealer would offer as a trade-in. The GFV is the price he would have had to pay MB Finance to own the car, which was £2k-3k more than the best trade-in price a dealer had offered (i.e. it was in negative equity), so he just handed back the keys.

Yep, that's correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom