Anyone bought wheels from mercman on eBay?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon1966

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
219 Vito Sport Crew Van
Hi All

As title has anyone bought wheels from 'Mercman' mercedes breakers in southampton who have various listings on eBay. Seem genuine but would like to know if ok.

Thanks

Is that the same as Mercman in Cornwall who are breakers? Bought spares from them without problem.

Yes, I did a few years back. No issues really (just make sure you deal with one member of staff only), wheels were as described and shipping was reasonable.

Generalising now, but it's very hard to see slight flatspots on secondhand wheels, and the problem doesn't become apparent until you're doing higher speeds.

I know this to my cost (I ended up buying a £500 new wheel to replace one of mine).

I'd want to see the wheels (with or without tyre) run up on a balancer whilst I'm looking at the inner edge, to be more sure.

My £650 CLS ebay wheels ended up costing me £1150.

On the positive side, the Hunter Roadforce balancer can take slight deviations into account and balance them out, more effectively than a standard balancer.

He has a balancer on site to check the wheels.

Is that the same as Mercman in Cornwall who are breakers? Bought spares from them without problem.

Just looked them up and yes it appears they have moved from Southampton to Cornwall. All sounds good then. Thanks

The wheels section of mercman is a mail order unit in practice. Housed in southampton it is seperated from the main operation down in cornwall.
Due to that fact, always book an appointment with David before visiting.

Excellent - well worth the trip to see, if practicable.

Shame they are now in St.Ives Cornwall! eBay listings say Southampton but.....

Anyway from what has been said they sound genuine so wheels from them seem an option. I will give them a call.

The wheels section of mercman is a mail order unit in practice. Housed in southampton it is seperated from the main operation down in cornwall.
Due to that fact, always book an appointment with David before visiting.

Ok - that sounds good then if the wheel section is Southampton as that's not too bad for me to get to. Thanks

I have used Mercman for both mail order and picked up bits when Southampton was open as the main breakers before the move to Cornwall and can recommend them parts always good and they knew their Mercs too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom