Anyone comign to the hillclimb build / meet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guydewdney

MB Enthusiast
Car
906 Sprinter 313cdi
started a new thread to get peeps attention..

So - anyone actually coming to my garage to laugh at the car on Saturday?

Pic of the car as it was a few months ago:-

w114front.jpg

w114dash.jpg

wing replaced. dash stripped, interior stripped... (main part of dash left, just no internals..)

Busy this weekend (rare), otherwise would have for sure.

Would it be a problem if I bought my 2 yr old boy along?

Sorry about this but I've just been informed that he's got chicken pox as from this morning. If no one minds I'll still bring him but obviously I don't want to spread the disease :eek:

Last edited:
Sorry but I'm still up with the boy at 04.38 and I'm knackered. I don't think he's going to be well enough to come and I can't get anyone to babysit as the girls are going to ballet.

Sorry mate :(

So no ones coming then?

Bad timing?

Lost interest? (bar Graham and marcos ;) )

peeps feel they arnt going to be any help? (which is rubbish - enthusiasm is all you need... I'll show you what do do...)

Guy

Guy - I'd love to have been there - but it's just too too far.

I can boil a kettle - well empty one anyway as the evidence shows - and I can out bulbs in and monir satuff like that - but other than that I wouldn't be much help :eek:

You can deffo count me in for support etc if you do get it going and want to come somewhere doable for me :)

Long distance jobs - hmmm - sponsorship? Blagging stuff (bucket seats, fire extinguishers, fuel tank, fuel pump, seat harness, FIA type battery disconnects, tyres, wheels) research (wheel offsets, rules, events?)

Want to take any of the above on?

edit - ok - peeps seem to have stuff on this w/e - so suggestions as to when then please?

I expect too short notice for this weekend, but I should be about the week after - anyone else 30th/31st?

Or I could probably do some evenings if that's of use Guy - I am closer to you at work anyway.

I cant really do this weekend either - next I think is good for me...

I was hoping for a few bods to be there on day #1 so that we can make some decisions on direction / mods / budget... More of a tea drinking day (bring a mug...) than a get dirty day.

Pads of paper / pens might be good ;) rather than spanners...

I think I could do the 30/31st. The kid seems to be getting better so I've finally manged to get some sleep. I'll double check the dates with er indoors and let you know.

the 6th or thereabouts is bad (my birthday party that weekend) - but apart from that and Xmas <camp voice> "I'm freeeeee!" </cv>

I just want to drum up some enthusiasm, and get some sort of game plan. So I'll work round everyone else as I'm also only 5 miles from it...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4505404914&fromMakeTrack=true

this guy has a pair of fibreglass wings for sale - ok - off a w115 (slightly diffrent, but I have a hammer... ;) )

should be a bit lighter.... lighter = quicker... should I get them?

Anyone want to do anything this weekend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom