Anyone dealt with DVLA reg transfer recently?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RattlerRattler

Car
SL 55
It's a long drawn out story to get my personal reg on my SL, but since DVLA have centralised their operation, I'm looking for some help here.

This whole process seems screwed up now and is driving me crazy.

I've requested the transfer 5 weeks ago, and I've now received the updated V5 ( a week ago) and today received the updated MOT certificate along with the certificate that allows me to get the private plates made up, but no updated tax disk. Is this right? Will the tax disk come through separately? In the past the mot and tax disk have come through together.

And, am I now able to drive the car on the new plate or the old one? DVLA helpline have shut down until Monday, any guidance here? I can't display the correct tax disk as I don't have it.

Is the car only taxed on the new plate if I display the new tax disk ( which I can't) , can you get replacement tax disks if that's needed? Legally which reg should I be showing?

This process has been going on since I bought the SL in December and I've already had a fine due to not having insurance on the private plate ( which was on my previous car, and I'd transferred the insurance to the SL55) .

Help please!!!!!!!

All the paperwork comes back all over the place, my tax disc came back separately

If you have the V5 in the new reg, make the plates and put them on, dont forget to inform your insurance company

Disc arrives desperately, expect it Monday.

Just gone through this and, as you say, it's a nightmare. My tax disc took another week after the plate documents arrived, but a look on this website suggest that this is pretty much the norm.

I just put the plates on and ran mine with the old tax disc, no problem. Oh, as Sam says above, don't forget to notify your insurance company. Mine didn't charge me but I know from experience that some do charge an "Administration" fee. :(

You can put your plates on while you wait for disc.

Thanks for the responses. In the past the tax disk has always come with the updated MOT. But it must be a new system to drive efficiency and cost savings. ;)

The whole experience here is telling me to put any personal plate on retention before you sell a car. You have to pay of course, but it may be the easiest way.

Thanks
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom