Anyone driving from Taunton to Midlands with Estate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
Guys I have finally bagged a hard top shuttle for my R129..

Anyway its in Taunton Somerset TA7 0HJ and I really dont have the time to go and collect...

Anyone scheduled to do the journey with a large enough car?
It will dismantle so will fit in most estates and I can meet somewhere in the evenings if it helps.

Id be happy to pay a healthy fee for this. I would rather use a forum member than shiply etc.

I am CV10 9JD and am happy to pay a good fee if someone were to do a door to door drop for me.

Cheers

Jay

Im near, with an estate, but rarely go oop north.... :( Unless I can find a big butchers mincer your way....

A couple of weeks too late for me sadly - was down that way then...

I'll give you a shout if it changes, but so far furthest SW in my immediate plans is Cardiff. My diary often changes by the day.

I will double check, but I am going to the NEC on 15th November with my Uncle, he drives either a Range Rover or Lotus Esprit, if you can wait that long and attend the NEC and the Range rover is going it is possible.

A lot of variables there mind........

I am off to Clevedon (Jnc.20 M5) on Wednesday and need to visit Tamworth B78 3PJ next week date not confirmed yet.

Will it fit in the boot of my S Class?

I think it may struggle to fit even dismantled?

The location is near J23/24

$T2eC16N,!ykFIe4B,RHfBSWETqjT5g~~60_12.JPG

Hmmm, i'll leave it for now.
If no one else chimes in i'll see what I can do.

Is it a hardtop or that engine crane?

My brother is near Taunton and I live in Scotland. We are possibly going down to him in a month or so if you get stuck.

That "crane" is the lift for the hard top. The crane is the item that needs shifting.

That "crane" is the lift for the hard top. The crane is the item that needs shifting.

OK, thanks for clearing that up:thumb: Those hard tops must be heavy.

Surely, if it's anything like my engine crane a courier isn't going to do much damage to it.

I think it may struggle to fit even dismantled?

The location is near J23/24

$T2eC16N,!ykFIe4B,RHfBSWETqjT5g~~60_12.JPG

I wondered if you would end up with this, Jay - congratulations!

The front facing legs will fold upright, as do the side facing legs. The boom folds down, to rest against the upright stand, but the T shaped cradle is rigid, and is connected to the assembly by means if the winch strapping, so this makes what would otherwise just be a question of lengthways accommodation awkward.

Something you may want to ask the seller is whether or not he has the rubber prong, as circled below? It's a minor niggle if not, but having paid a good price, I'd want it. It's sole function is to touch the centre of the star on the boot lid to show you are in perfect alignment, along with the rubber cushions at either end of the lower bar, which align with the rear bumper. When all three rubber parts are in contact correctly, you are perfectly aligned to lower the roof - cool as you like!

Sorry, I can't help with the delivery.

Hi,

Thanks all but I made the journey last night and fetched it... Just fits in a W211 estate all folded up... no way it would get in a saloon boot... its over 7ft long folded up!

Something you may want to ask the seller is whether or not he has the rubber prong, as circled below? It's a minor niggle if not, but having paid a good price, I'd want it. It's sole function is to touch the centre of the star on the boot lid to show you are in perfect alignment, along with the rubber cushions at either end of the lower bar, which align with the rear bumper. When all three rubber parts are in contact correctly, you are perfectly aligned to lower the roof - cool as you like!

David,

Any chance you could measure the length of that rubber bit... if the seller doesnt have it i will make something with a bit of rubber pipe maybe...

David,

Any chance you could measure the length of that rubber bit... if the seller doesnt have it i will make something with a bit of rubber pipe maybe...

I'm away from home 'til xmas, Colin!

It's no more than 6"-7", and if you offer it up to the car, you can work it out that way.

David,

Jay

Try any Anne Summers shop. They will have plenty of those in stock.

brucemillar; Try any Anne Summers shop. They will have plenty of those in stock.[/QUOTE said:
Yeah, but they're pink (or so I am told) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom