Anyone else not flying today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alanf

Car
SLK 230
My long weekend to Malta is cancelled due to volcanic dust. I haven't told the GF yet. Just told my mother shes gutted,we were going to see her and dad as they stay there for the winter

Alan

Where were you flying from? News says it's just Scottish airports that are affected presently.

I received an email from a friend at 6:30am. He woke up at 4:30am to arrive at Birmingham airport at 5:15am to be told the flight was cancelled, then dragged his sorry back-side back to the office to begin his day, plus he has man flu. Just when you thought your day was rubbish someone else comes along and trumps it.

Was flying from Leeds. GF still not convinced im not kidding her. Ive also got a hangover does that trump man flu?

Alan

Yep me grounded too should have been going Manchester - Germany and back everything in the North is closed until 7pm this evening :rolleyes:

Just when you thought your day was rubbish someone else comes along and trumps it.
What, like this?

political-pictures-proof.jpg

Do you consider it unlucky because today is the anniversary of Titanic's sinking ?

I'm not one to spread rumours, but I hear that Leslie Ash is to blame.

Dunno what all the fuss is about - I noticed my local Iceland was open for business thismorning and no ash there.

A Ned live on Sky News thismorning.

[YOUTUBE]34mHZgP9vkc[/YOUTUBE]

:ban: I like the way the 2nd time he says it, he twigs he is on live TV and making a C0CK out of himself and sort of wimpers off.

Last edited:
Got 4 of my guys stuck in Frankfurt all trains, ferries to UK fully booked cant get car hire anywhere, Lufthansa saying could be as late as Monday as ash cloud is drifting toward south east europe so all german airports currently closed too. Nightmare as I'm having to cover most of their work :mad:

My other half needs to get to Lithuania asap,but no luck till tuesday

My family are stuck in Moscow as BA just cancelled all saturday flights.
Judging by the maps put out by the met office volcanic ash advisory centre, the clouds are hardly moving at all and it remains to be seen how long the disruption will last. I suspect they know it will last alot longer (another week) and don't want to alarm people. So either I rebook my family next weekend or put them on a train to Berlin! Eurostar is likely to be fully booked and there will be 2 days of cancelled flights in front of them. School? Job? To be honest the thought of nipping over to Berlin to collect them rather appeals to me! Let's wait and see! If I can find 3 people who want to go to Berlin next week i might even make a profit on the deal!
Les

My family are stuck in Moscow as BA just cancelled all saturday flights.
Judging by the maps put out by the met office volcanic ash advisory centre, the clouds are hardly moving at all and it remains to be seen how long the disruption will last. I suspect they know it will last alot longer (another week) and don't want to alarm people. So either I rebook my family next weekend or put them on a train to Berlin! Eurostar is likely to be fully booked and there will be 2 days of cancelled flights in front of them. School? Job? To be honest the thought of nipping over to Berlin to collect them rather appeals to me! Let's wait and see! If I can find 3 people who want to go to Berlin next week i might even make a profit on the deal!
Les

See. Most Mercs are taxis at heart. :D

We were supposed to be flying from Bristol to New York today - I have re-booked it for next Saturday - but the return journey has cost me another £480 (there were 4 of us), as this is the difference between the price I paid for the return journey and what the tickets cost now. No extra charges for re-booking the outward journey because they cancelled it. The extra cost is annoying, but then I only paid £1000 for 4 return tickets to start with. I wonder if it will be covered by my travel insurance?

Worst thing is the flat feeling we all have! I've been trying to cheer up the wife with 'only 1 more week to go!' - not really working though!
Cheers
Andy

Supposed to flying out of Montreal last night, now booked onto a Sunday night flight, but there are others not getting a flight until Wednesday.

We were supposed to be flying from Bristol to New York today - I have re-booked it for next Saturday - but the return journey has cost me another £480 (there were 4 of us), as this is the difference between the price I paid for the return journey and what the tickets cost now. No extra charges for re-booking the outward journey because they cancelled it. The extra cost is annoying, but then I only paid £1000 for 4 return tickets to start with. I wonder if it will be covered by my travel insurance?

Worst thing is the flat feeling we all have! I've been trying to cheer up the wife with 'only 1 more week to go!' - not really working though!
Cheers
Andy

Act of God, force majeure, not covered.

A mate of SWMBO's works for National Air Traffic Control Service she says only 30% of flights will leave the UK up until 22nd April (Thurs) I was rebooked for Germany Monday thats been cancelled too nothing out of Manchester until 6pm Sunday night and then only flights heading North if any at all. (small window of opportunity they reckon)

I'm off to USA on 24th so hope its all sorted by then you also cant get a ferry or train ticket in Europe for love nor money €185 Eurostar tickets were changing hands for €1200 :eek:

mother in law stuck in Jersey

every volcanic cloud has a silver lining :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom