anyone else on a countdown to 1st March/12 registration day?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AbbieCadabra

Car
E350CDI
just wondered if anyone else is counting down & i could share my increasing excitement with them? :bannana: (& avoiding the need to bore everyone else rigid in the process! :p)

we went to finalise the deal yesterday, walking up to the showroom doors, "ooh! that's the blue on that cabrio at the front, it's got a blue roof too. ooh! & the same grey leather. hang on, i think this is OUR car!!!" & it was...:D

not great quality as on my phone, but i just had to :devil:

E350CDIfront28112_small.jpg

E350CDIinterior28112small.jpg

Last edited:
That just looks so right Abbie.

Sticking with my old 124s so no countdown for me. What I get is the joy of another "letter" passing and mine still being on the road. Sad but true.

That looks very nice Abbie, love the colour combo. Don't forget the free umbrella!
31 days to go, don't forget it's a leap year

Always change my company car in March . C.Class coupe build date 16 February and dealer says will be ready for 1 March .I think he is a tad optimistic but we will wait and see. My last company car before semi retirement so all a bit strange really. Will probably buy it at end of lease and keep it for a while as hopefully will be reliable and reasonably cheap to run .

Looking good Abbie. Ask them not to have it on "show" as punters in the garage will nosey around the car.

Better in than out. Ask them to keep the roof closed and car locked. MB Brentford always have new cars parked outside the parts department bit and many of them on the grass embankment that runs along the edge of the road. :crazy:

Car looks great, love the colour.

Last edited:
Nice colour, cannot think why I like it? :rolleyes:

Saw one in Germany when I collected mine, it was going to America with an S Class, husband and wife team.

thanks guys :)

those were my 1st words too, "but i don't want people touching her or getting in & out!". not to worry though as she was only there as they knew we were coming & she was all locked up with the roof up before we arrived (& after we left). will be moved into their secure storage area very shortly.

'snap' with Brian i see, east mids too - we must wave if we pass each other :D

not long now 'til i morph into my 'very excited kid on xmas eve' impression! ;)

No new registration swap for me, though I have had a few and it's exciting as for a while you are on your own.
I once booked for a ferry to France for that evening and the girl on the phone said "Ooh, My first P reg"

Not surprising, it was August 2nd... :D

I wish mine was coming on the 1st - I think it will arrive in the middle of April. Seems so far away now. Maybe I can get some vicarious pleasure out of yours!

Not sure if I like it or not, if you would loan it to me for a couple of weeks, I could give you a more informed view;)

I once had a pre-release car for a couple of weeks, that was fun as it really was the only one on the road in the UK.

just wondered if anyone else is counting down & i could share my increasing excitement with them? :bannana: (& avoiding the need to bore everyone else rigid in the process! :p)

we went to finalise the deal yesterday, walking up to the showroom doors, "ooh! that's the blue on that cabrio at the front, it's got a blue roof too. ooh! & the same grey leather. hang on, i think this is OUR car!!!" & it was...:D

not great quality as on my phone, but i just had to :devil:

E350CDIfront28112_small.jpg

E350CDIinterior28112small.jpg
Cracking!(is it indigolite blue Abbie?)

Not sure if I like it or not, if you would loan it to me for a couple of weeks, I could give you a more informed view;)

hmmm, let me think about that....No! :p

Cracking!(is it indigolite blue Abbie?)

yes it's indigolite :). we'd seen the paint sample but it's the 1st time we've seen it 'in the flesh' as no other cars were available to look at (black or white madam?), good job we love it then!

i've started the guilt trip with the CLK already, i keep wanting to say sorry every time i get in now! :eek:

i've started the guilt trip with the CLK already, i keep wanting to say sorry every time i get in now! :eek:

You could always just keep it....mothball/SORN and wait till the prices start to go up again....lay down a garage find for your children....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom