Anyone else really fed up with the snow?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm fed up too. its ruining my nails when i'm clearing the car.... I've laddered many pairs of tights on my wellys and oooh the stains from that dirty water.......

im sick of it no problems with the car,but trying to walk the dog has caused some embarasing moments,i found the roof rails great for hanging on to

Well, I must be the only one who's enjoyed the snow then. I'd be happy if the country was white 3 months of the year. At least then we'd all be set up to cope with it, rather than the country grinding to a halt when a 2" fall hits us.

I'm lucky in that I only work 3 miles from home, but we have had people make it in who commute (1 guy has a 75 mile A-road commute each way and he only missed 1 day - and he's in sales so could easily have worked from home).

I've also really enjoyed driving in the snow, because there's nothing like it to brush up on your car control skills. Oh, and before anyone comments about about Subarus and 4WD - the Scoob has been under a white blanket since the first day of snow - it's not that great when it's slippery. Low profile sports tyres and a peaky turbocharged engine can make it a right handful at times, so for the last week and a half my daily drive has been my wife's 17 year old Fiat Panda - perfect for these conditions with low weight, skinny tyres and not a lot of horsepower. I've been driving around with a :) on my face, although that may be wiped off if the Fiat dissolves due to all the salt it's caked in at the moment. Cleaning session at the weekend..

Cheers,

Gaz

I do feel for you mate, but as far as i remember you have an amazing heater :)

I was fed up with it after the first day! We lost 5 days of installations and retail sales so no deposits or balances coming in. My cashflow has dissapeared down the toilet! :(

I'm utterly sick of it...:wallbash:

Sick of the little yellow ESP triangle flashing at me everytime I try and get off the driveway, or get back on to it at the end of the day. And please, don't mention winter tyres - I didn't have the foresight to buy a set before the weather set in..

Also sick of idiots with 4x4s throwing their weight around in this weather, I've noticed around Birmingham SUVs seem to be being driven with a new found arrogance and disregard for 2 wheel drive folk that wasn't apparent before. Was cut up yesterday by an utter d*ckhead in a Freelander who when I honked my horn decided to slam his brakes on in front of me to try and cause an accident.:dk:

And sick of my car being pigging filthy and covered in grotty salt, slush and grime..
And sick of the massive struggle it takes to get 17 miles across the city to my office in Worcestershire:mad:

I did a 180 in the car park-was ever so much fun after a day of hard work of sending emails and posting on here.

AND ... Now I find that my garage roof's partially collapsed with the weight of the snow.
It's been in poor shape for a while and this has finished it off.

Moan moan moan ... Grizzle grizzle grizzle.

It's raining hard here.
That will help to wash away the snow and the salt.

Cheer up fellahs ... It's hot in Haiti

I really can't wait 'till its gone.

Its a real pain doing any work.

Yes, and I hate having the salt all over my cars :(

Still got 2-4" in the gardens and 2" of slush on the roads. :dk:

7-10c forcast so disappearing fast, so now it's flooding as the drains can't cope :doh:

The amount of ££ I have lost is frankly staggering. Just tring to make it up as asap.

I really can't wait 'till its gone.

Its a real pain doing any work.

May i say LOL ? C`mon !There is nothing to cry about:) In Uk everything is a problem : rain, snow, jobs, people :wallbash: :)

I might even get to book a Tee time for next week. All gone this morning first time since about Dec 23rd

It's melting fast ..... JOY !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom