Anyone else really fed up with the snow?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackC55

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
E55K SL500 E250X2 Smart44 Brabus Track car E450Cabriolet X350 Pick up
I really can't wait 'till its gone.

Its a real pain doing any work.

I have had to keep my clients mobile throughout all this. The Bentley has coped brilliantly but it is the other idiots you worry about.

You are obviously just a pussy :p

I am looking through the double glazing in my t-shirt wondering what all the fuss is about.
The rest of the pussies are staying off the road so that makes my journeys easier :D
In all honesty I can get to work (21 miles) a lot quicker in the ice and snow than I can when its clear, bright and dry!) To top it all I have made it in every day an on a couple fo days guys who live less than 3 miles away from the office were "snowed in" :D

So - man up and tough it out :p

It's not the cold. I don't have a problem with that.

I have spent 12+hours shovelling the dam stuff and my customers can't get to me so I can fix/service their cars. Parts availability has been a nighmare too.

I put 4 or so cars on the ramp today and they are dripping dirty icy water all over my cleanish floor and making my workshop dirty.

Fairs fair the O.P will be having cold drips of grubby salty water down his neck all day and cold metal parts combined with numb fingers are a pain - walk a mile and all that!

I am pig-sick of it.
I hate the cold.
I drive 60 miles a day for my work and haven't blobbed a single day.
But - Everything you do is such a struggle.
I'm keeping elderly relatives afloat with shopping etc.
Any my car's rusting away in front of my eyes.
Roll on Spring !

Well it's delayed me booking in mine with PCS for about 5 weeks now - was planned to be before Christmas...

Having lived with a friend who was a mechanic, you couldn't pay me enough to work on cars September to June. I have a growing collection of Golf parts to go on - colour me a wuss :D

Close doors, mop floor, put space heater on

Job done

I will post the pics of us chopping a 7'2" trailer down to 6'10" in a snowstorm at some point. I'm not a wuss :)

Me No1 wuss. Not had big car outa garage since before Christmas. Dug out herselfs shopping trolley a couple of days ago out of necessity but other than that, walked to Tesco and cleared snow from path. Cold wet drips down neck? spent 30yrs doing that. No thanks.

You want to try 'picking up' after 6 dogs when the garden is covered in snow ...

You want to try 'picking up' after 6 dogs when the garden is covered in snow ...

One westie is bad enough.... at least sub zero temperatures made it easy to 'handle' :D

Its raining by me now, have walked in most days which has been picturesque as the walk is through Norwood Park. Junior B likes to take his time to look at the ducks on the frozen lake, feed robins and generally walk in the opposite direction to the nursery.. the 1.8 miles to work have been taking 45mins to an hour :rolleyes:

Have to drive to Nottingham tomorrow so quite pleased it all seems to be melting.

Ade

For what the 2" of snow has cost me in lost business I could have chartered a jet and gone skiing in St. Moritz.

Totally fed up too Ollie.

Am a landscaper, had two bouts of flu (one swine) at start of 5 week job first thing in November. Been on back foot ever since, deadline was pre-xmas and had no chance. Client owes me +£12k which is contracted to be paid at job end (wont do that again - will do more, smaller stage payments). Not been able to work since week before Xmas week, got about ten days left on that site, lost another job in the meantime due to a tight deadline (totally unrealistic by client at this time of year, I wanted to decline it but he's an existing guy)and the boys all need to be paid plus all the suppliers.

So yes, not happy....

For what the 2" of snow has cost me in lost business I could have chartered a jet and gone skiing in St. Moritz.

You're telling me, costing me 4 figures every week and nothing going into my wage packet...

Financial re-planning required...

It was nice at first, but this time its hung around for far too long..

Its slowing everything right down and its a pain in the backside..

I hope the weatherman is right when he says the weekend showers will wash it all away.

Totally fed up too Ollie.

Am a landscaper, had two bouts of flu (one swine) at start of 5 week job first thing in November. Been on back foot ever since, deadline was pre-xmas and had no chance. Client owes me +£12k which is contracted to be paid at job end (wont do that again - will do more, smaller stage payments). Not been able to work since week before Xmas week, got about ten days left on that site, lost another job in the meantime due to a tight deadline (totally unrealistic by client at this time of year, I wanted to decline it but he's an existing guy)and the boys all need to be paid plus all the suppliers.

So yes, not happy....
i know how u feel mine son landscaper,but luckly he packed in last year and working for someone now ,

Im a S E landscaper too know the feeling, we havnt work since 17 Dec, its gunna take some time to catch up! Plus all that time off and couldnt even get the car out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom