Anyone Else Received This!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MichaelSB

Car
SL 350 R230
I got this email this morning which seems to suggest they got my details here.

Hello,
I hope you are fine and all is well with you. I got your contact as i was looking for a good relationship in this sites (www.mbclub.co.uk). I am sorry to bother you with my proposal for a relationship with you, but i know that you will grant my request in good faith and understanding.
I am Rachelle, an honest, sincere and God fearing lady. I will like to know more about you, that is if you permit it, do mail me at ([email protected]) so that we could exchange pictures and other info about each other (Believing that age, distance or color will not be a barrier to love), take care as i am waiting to hear from you.
Yours lovely,
Rachelle, ([email protected])

It is a little worrying that scammers may now be trawling these car sites for our contact details

Ask her how`s Del doing lol,that is strange though

Me too - posted my address once intending to delete within 1/2 an hour, but didn't get round to it. I wonder if the mods can kill the original post?

Me too - posted my address once intending to delete within 1/2 an hour, but didn't get round to it. I wonder if the mods can kill the original post?
We can, please send us a PM or report the original post.

It is a little worrying that scammers may now be trawling these car sites for our contact details
It's all automated ... they have programs that scour the web harvesting email addresses. If you have to publish yours then you can make it a bit harder for them by writing it like this:

joe dot bloggs at service dot co dot uk

... which humans will still understand ;)

SHE will be a hairy ****** scammer from Nigeria etc Bin it. If you want to scare yourselves gor to www.192.com and type your name and town in. You wont get the full info But for a few quid anyone else can. Make sure you untick the box on the electoral role when it comes round !!!

Last edited:
It's all automated ... they have programs that scour the web harvesting email addresses. If you have to publish yours then you can make it a bit harder for them by writing it like this:

joe dot bloggs at service dot co dot uk

... which humans will still understand ;)

Or add stuff ;) the smarter bots will convert [space]dot[space] to a .

I personally like
john dot smith @at@ domain NOBOT.. com

Most generic cawlers wont bother removing the extra @ signs, dots, or indeed the extra text (in bold), or the extra html tags for the bold bit...

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom