Anyone Else See That Race.......?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WDB124066

MB Enthusiast
Car
1996 E320 Sportline Cabriolet x 2
!!

Probably been t Yorkshire for some ferret racing ;)

And did you like it mate?

Cracking race - complete turn around from last years bore fest. What's the betting Maldanado gets a 5 - 10 place grid drop for the next race?

20 second penalty, which is not enough and inconsistent with all the other penalties.

Mclaren have got a fundamental tyre eating problem to solve.

Wonder who supplies the Renault's alternator,two failures spells problem,good race though.

Best race I've seen for a while. Lost of overtaking and a fair bit of excitement at the end. Even SWMBO watched it! :D

Poor old Hamilton.

To be fast it helps to be lucky.
You make your own luck
The lad needs to chill.

There are so many incidents
I begin to wonder
if he is his own nemesis.

Good race.
Fin (Alonso enthusiast):)

Poor old Hamilton.

To be fast it helps to be lucky.
You make your own luck
The lad needs to chill.

There are so many incidents
I begin to wonder
if he is his own nemesis.

Good race.
Fin (Alonso enthusiast):)

Agreed

He also needs to realise that other will not give way to him. Maldonado is hot headed for sure but Hamilton knows that and should have realised that he would not hold him back. Shades of Schumacher in his younger days me thinks (Maldonado)

Agreed

He also needs to realise that other will not give way to him. Maldonado is hot headed for sure but Hamilton knows that and should have realised that he would not hold him back. Shades of Schumacher in his younger days me thinks (Maldonado)

I'm not sure about Maldonado - there's no doubting his raw pace when he's on it, but his consistency and racecraft need a lot of work. After a result like Barcelona, to do what he did in Monaco what downright daft.

Yesterday's incident another daft move - he had another lap with DRS to get Hamilton, and judging by other drivers (including MAL), would have found plenty of traction zones as well as the straight to pass HAM with shot rear tyres. He just couldn't think outside the split second when he was alongside. Look at all the other moves on that series of corners during the race and you can see how unsubtle his driving is compared to the real talent.

Vettel would have one at a canter without the safety car and had his car not died, but it was still an intriguing race though - I was gutted when Grosjean's car failed. Could he have caught Alonso?

Alonso was superb, utterly up for it. I've not been his greatest fan in the past but this year he has been outstanding. I agree with other comments that you make your own luck and ALO has certainly been doing that.

Who to win Silverstone then?

I've just taken the plunge and bought myself a flight to Austin in November:

1) will the flipping track be finished?
2) will the title hunt still be a close battle?

Cannot wait

I think the Hamilton vs Mal was a 50/50. HAM gave him no space at all so where was he supposed to go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom