Anyone else under the Facebook spell?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gucci

MB Enthusiast
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Ultimate Black
Firstly, I did resist...couldn't see the point, but LOVE it now...anyone else out there enjoying it?

Yup,

I had to as I received so many invites. It is quite good, and very good to keep in touch and arrange events.

Cheers

Ian

Tried it, and just like that friends united things drives me mad...

sorry not for me

Not my cup of tea, but it allowed me to find out interesting things about prospective candidates for a job position I had open recently...

i hate these things but i gave in and must say im now in touch with ppl i havent spoken to in years....
its good but im only on it when i get a request, i dont have the time to be on there all day like some..

Not my cup of tea, but it allowed me to find out interesting things about prospective candidates for a job position I had open recently...

This is exactly what I told our eldest not so long ago when she was using it to post stupid pictures and comments on it. Well done for using it. I think you might find out what people are really like from it rather than relying on a few sheets of A4.

well i dunno, it may be interesting but you have to remember that a person can be very different in the professional environment compared to socially... many of my ex workmates in investment banking were wild party animals come friday but this never ever reflected on the work during the week... apart from harmless banter of course....

Out of curiosity - how do you find out information about potential candidates? I thought facebook required one to accept you as a friend before you could see any of their info...

Michele

Only if you use the settings that way, some people allow open access fullstop or to the network/group they have joined.

yep I´m on there too!!

By the way, just dropping in from oh so sunny Spain to say Hello!

:D:D

Got to go, the pool is waiting.....!!

Yeah I'm on there too but its just been banned and blocked from my workplace :eek:

Yeah , i signed up with facebook the other day ....

Seems ok ...

There has just been an e-mail from Professional Standards around work suggesting that posting pictures of oneself in uniform alongst drunken cleavage shots might not be a good career move.:crazy: Oh, and that posting personal address details is also rather silly!:eek:

I'm not sure if it's because I am extremely career-orientated or just a grumpy old sod, but you have to wonder what some of my colleagues were thinking....:confused:

Middle England speaks..

Muck around by all means. But don't put it on the bladdy Internet!! :crazy:

Resurrecting an oldish thread. I recently signed up to Facebook, I've always hated this kind of thing but I'm finding it pretty good. Managed to get in touch with some old friends from school & uni. Also great for staying in touch with family & friends around the world.

We've been recruiting lately so we've also put their names through facebook too, quite interesting what you can find out about someone from their facebook posts.

We had one case where one of our employess was off sick for a few weeks and he was posting that he was nervous about a job interview he was having that afternoon!

Lol - I joined a few weeks ago via another forum. I find it useful for keeping track of darling daughter ;) :D

Lol - I joined a few weeks ago via another forum. I find it useful for keeping track of darling daughter ;) :D

Hmmmmmm, that's good plan, there's no hiding now! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom