Anyone ever removed the speedo Needle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
On the old jap imports, we just used to prise the needle up with a spoon underneath it... anyone done this on a merc?

got a mod to do on the SEC and for that need to remove the needle to get the speedo face off..

any ideas?

its ok, the answer is yes just do the spoon trick, however watch where the needle goes as it pops off and hits the ceiling...

Yes I did this on an Mx5 I got from Dublin (imported)

used a microfibre cloth under spoon and gradually worked my way round.

Are you putting cream AMG type dials on.

:)

Are you putting cream AMG type dials on.

:)

How did you know!!!

I have the whole AMG cluster but it reads KMH, just changing the face will at least preserve the odo reading...

Im pretty good at working out MPH to KPH in my head after 6 years of dealing in Jap imports!

I changed the Mazda the other way round KPH to MPH.

Do the new ones not have both? will that be ok MOT time :) or it it :) :) tick....

yeh it makes no difference on MOT, they just need the mileage...

there was no legal requirement to change the jap imports to MPH, we just did them all as it only cost a tenner for a replacement face plate... the odo reading would often still be in km..

Maybe it's only new cars that are affected by the Euro-legislation on this?

The law requires that all UK cars must be able to display both and is part of vehicle complying to be used in the UK, and not part of the MOT

Yes its easy to pop the pointer off, but it must be marked where it fits onto the armature shaft, just pushing it back on at zero, it will be out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom