Anyone familiar with Firebird C20 oil boilers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marty359

Car
BMW 330d with indicators and Jeep Renegade also with indicators
Been away for 3 weeks and I normally turn the boiler off but it loses pressure and takes ages to bleed and get running again. This time I left it on, it has a thermal store so thought it would just look after itself, got back on Wednesday and we had hot water for showers, Friday wife rings and says waters not as hot as normal so I said look at the pressure dial and it had dropped to just in the red.

So I got home attached the filler loop and raise the pressure to 1.5 bar but it won't fire up No lock out or limit lights showing.

Normally I open the hot tap or the central heating calls for heat and I can hear the ignition clicking before it fires up but this time nothing. It has the Riello RDB burner with the red light reset button but the red light isn't on and pressing it to reset makes no difference. I found on the internet to disconnect the photocell and see if it goes to lockout but I can't even get to that stage as the burner won't light.

I have the schematic wiring diagram that I can read and voltage seems present in all the right places. It it just won't fire, as soon as I turn it on at the spur all I can hear and feel is the 2 pumps running and not a lot else ☹️

Anyone familiar with the Firebird Enviromax Combi C20 and could give me a run through of the fault diagnosis process? Can't get a engineer out til Monday.

Thanks

If its a dual stat boiler it could have tripped out on the second stat. Next to the round control knob is there a round plastic plug? If so unscrew it and press the button below in, that should reset it, and fire up. Just a thought.

Thanks Peter but it's the version with only the limit stat fitted which is fine as voltage on 1+2 terminals and 3 goes to the lock out light and it's not on.

Think I've traced the problem to the control box or coil
and not going to get one over the weekend so let the plumber sort it tomorrow.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom