Anyone fancy a game of petrol station bingo?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

In the CL55 today;

null_zps24d187d9.jpg

I did five mile in local traffic with that on the screen...:D

You are brave... When my yellow light comes on, I'm straight to a station to fill it up! How many miles do you get out of a full tank btw? I get around 360

On my last trip back from France I got from just inside the Dartford tunnel, off at J29 of M25, turned around at the lights and refuelled on the other side of the A127 with zero showing in the A4. It's about 15 miles. Mind you, I did get an awful lot of diesel in it.

I drove the Panda round for 4 days last week with the gauge on zero (the return trip to work is only 5/6 miles).. it drives my wife nuts! :D

Then she needed to use it, she was straight down to the garage to fill it up - I must admit I think it was running on fumes by then, I was just about to bottle it.

It does her no harm to pay for a tank of petrol herself every now and then though.. ;)

Cheers,

Gaz

You are brave... When my yellow light comes on, I'm straight to a station to fill it up! How many miles do you get out of a full tank btw? I get around 360

I'm normally the same.

I'll know how much I get out of a tank tomorrow because I've got a 300 mile round trip tomorrow.

Dodgy German electronics.

I test-drove my 430 from a dealer in Northants. The guy said it was running on vapours so gave me a fiver!:rolleyes:
It was around 4.00pm on a Saturday and the dealer closed at 5.00. "You won't be long will you, mate?"
I went the whole hog and doubled his fiver, so £10 in the tank. :bannana:

I gave it a good whacking up and down the motorway and then realised just how far a tenner doesn't get you if you floor it.
I didn't know the area at all and ended up looking for a filling station down some rural roads. :doh:
I just about crept on to the forecourt, but was late getting the car back.

Then I haggled. :devil:

Last edited:
I'm staggered you let him go ram-raiding in your AMG.

Seems our S203 won't display a range of less than a certain amount (10 miles?). It puts 'please refuel' (or words to that effect) there instead.

The Vito doesn't give range remaining on the cluster, which I've always thought was a bit odd.

You are indeed properly brave, Lee.

Mine beeps and displays "reserve fuel" when it gets down to a quarter of a tank.

That's enough to sh#t me up and get to a Shell garage. :crazy:

:D

I used to work for a sports/prestige car dealer. It was unusual to get in a car that DIDN'T have the needle wrapped around the empty end stop! I once ran out of fuel driving the 100 yards to the nearest petrol station in a Ferrari - you can imagine the fun passers by had with their comments!

But that wasn't as embarrassing as the time that I drove a part exchange Ford from the main showroom to our storage site. When I set off on the 10 mile journey the distance remaining readout said 32 miles. Half way along the M3 with the reading at 25 miles it spluttered to a halt, in roadworks, with no hard shoulder! That was my 15 minutes of fame when, whilst waiting for a colleague with petrol, I heard the announcement on the radio about a 10 mile hold-up on the M3!!! What an achievement!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom