Anyone fancy a super-missile of a car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scotth_uk

MB Enthusiast
Car
Renault
http://www.skyfleetltd.co.uk (the place I got my Crossfire) are currently offering the ridiculously fast Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8 for £299 per month on a 12 month PCH deal. Payment structure is 3+11 with a roughly £200 doc fee.

I want to change my car!!!!!! NOW! :(

My freind has one of these and to be honest I hate it. It is scarily fast and you have to experience the levels of grip to believe it but it is soooo uncomfortable, the dashboard looks crap and it sounds boring compared to a Scooby. The suspension has no travel and you really notice a bang when you run an ant over it is that harsh. :crazy:
Personally Scott I would rather have your Crossfire. :D :D

I see they also have a couple of SLK200's for September/October delivery. Last time I contacted them via their online form they didn't ever get back to me.

Richard,

Sorry to hear that they didn't get back to you. You could ask for Rebecca by name, she was ok to deal with. Laura was better, but I think she's still on maternity leave.

I like the Crossfire, but I would happily put up with the uncomfortability of the Evo for a year. Blows the doors off just about everything on the road! :)

My mate has just bought an Evo 8 FQ330.Damm its quick and very noisey! looks nice as well in bright red.There isn't much comfort in it but you dont buy a car like that and expect luxury and comfort do you!

scotth_uk said:
...Laura was better, but I think she's still on maternity leave...
You ol' devil Scotty :devil: :p Heh sorry, couldn't resist a quip on that comment. :eek:

Getting back on Topic, I too would rather have your Crossfire as opposed to a Mitsi Evo 8. Wouldn't mind a blast in an Evo though ;)

S.

Got the opportunity to spank the nuts off an Evo around a track recently (as per pic). Not bad but personally I much preferred the VX220 turbo, man that was seriously good fun :rock: :rock: :rock:

Attachments

• . 030_WEB.jpg
    . 030_WEB.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 138
scotth_uk said:
£299 per month on a 12 month PCH deal. Payment structure is 3+11 with a roughly £200 doc fee.

Sorry to be so thick, what does this mean?

K,

Its basically a personal contract plan...

You put three payments down of 299 and then 11 payments of 299, then there is the 200 document fee to set it all up....

I think I'm right...

G

This actually works out cheaper than buying a new car!

scotth_uk said:
Richard,

Sorry to hear that they didn't get back to you. You could ask for Rebecca by name, she was ok to deal with. Laura was better, but I think she's still on maternity leave.

I like the Crossfire, but I would happily put up with the uncomfortability of the Evo for a year. Blows the doors off just about everything on the road! :)

Rebecca no longer works for the company apparently, I just called them. They are sending me a quote on the SLK.

Koolvin said:
This actually works out cheaper than buying a new car!

You just gotta be sure though that you won't be doing too many miles!!! As soon as you tell them that you'll be doing 25-30k (average business user) then the price will sky rocket.

A few years ago, I had a £15k Pug406 through Lex (what skyfleet use) and because I had it fully maintained with 25k mileage, the monthly payment was around £380. So for something like an Evo or Merc, you are looking at a whole lot more. Not a problem though if you don't use the car for work, like I have too.

The excess mileage charge on mine is around 7p a mile for the first thousand and 9p a mile after that. Pretty good in my books.

Great for people who drive for work and get paid for the miles!

scotth_uk said:
The excess mileage charge on mine is around 7p a mile for the first thousand and 9p a mile after that. Pretty good in my books.

Great for people who drive for work and get paid for the miles!

Yes, but I wasn't reffering to the excess, just the basic mileage you set the contract up with. I drive around 30-35k just for business, plus a further 10k personal EVERY year. (alot for some people, nothing fo others) Doing a contract/lease doesn't make sense for me now snce I opted for a car allowance instead of company car. If it was all paid by the company, then the contract make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom