Anyone fancy and alternate day out this w/e.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dieselman

Banned
Car
Peugeot 403 Convertible
If you want a lightly educational day out with the Kids, or not you might be interested in...

Visit a Wind Farm

Now that could be interesting, especially on a cold day....
Only advised for those that don't mind being a bit nuked though so maybe not too Kiddy friendly.

I AM a wind farm.:devil:
So the Mrs keeps saying:rolleyes:

I reckon an e55 might run on methane gas:devil: :)

Unless we have the runs!!!

Regards
John

Lmg.

!!

I just read the title quickly - thought it read - ".. alternate day out this wife"

:eek:

Mike

Every wind farm needs a conventional power plant as a back up. Uranium, coal, oil and gas all keep going at Beaufort 0.

Uh, oh. A Bart Simpson comment..

Time for some research on power plant duty cycles I think and nuclear power generation issues.

Any updates on what struck the windfarm in Lincolnshire. Surely what ever it was left some debris ?

Here are some various theories.

'Blade just fell off
The most likely explanation, according to Fraser McLachlan whose firm insures thousands of turbines. He says that there are half a dozen instances of blades separating from turbines a year, usually because they were not properly attached. "Sometimes machines just break," he said. The blade that flew off could have hit the other blade, explaining the damage.'

Am i right in remembering that there was no debris ever found, which gave weight to the UFO theory?

Who said there was no debris found.? The article says there was no plane debris found, following thoughts it could have been an aircraft strike.

They also report the blade came loose from the mounting hub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom