Anyone feeling brave?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
SportsCoupeRich said:
gorgeous car - but would cost £££££££££££££££ to do anything with!!!! I wouldnt want to put a 1.8l K Series engine in it either.

Gullwing SLR maybe? :devil:

Do you think that's genuine? hard to believe.

They are worth a fortune; well in excess the cost of restoraration - or am I missing something. £10,000 is nothing compared to their value in good condition.

I'm talking well into 6 figures I thought.

Or have I missed something here?

Whip round anybody????

Found this article:

eBay Auction: 1955 Mercedes 300SL Gullwing
Posted Apr 25, 2005, 3:36 PM ET by Nino Marchetti
Related entries: Wheels

Another 1955 Mercedes 300SL Gullwing is up for sale - this time on eBay. This particular one of the 1,400 cars made from this model and year has gone through a complete “nut and bolt restoration” and is finished in fire engine red with natural leather interior. The original belly pans were also restored and the 66,045-mile car equipped with the correct Dare luggage. With a little less than two days left, seven bidders have thus far driven the price to over $275,000.

Last edited:
Real or a con?
Just received this email from him.
Dear Graeme,

Thank's for your email.
The car does not run or work but the engine still complete. Some parts
has missing, such as the wind screen, cover of the wheel on the front
left side and sign lamps on back. I got this car from my GrandFather, he has gone so far away
4 years ago, i don't have enough money for restoration this car, that's why i sell the car and the car used local registration. The car was located at 144 Saint Joseph street - Denpasar - BALI. did you know BALI before?
Please let me know your response.

Regard's
David

Good find
And this might just be where the "seller" got their picture and description from....?

Well spotted shame really as for a moment I was hoping that it was genuine. seemed too good to be true.

I’ve seen that advert before - about a year or so ago when I was looking for a kit car to do - there is also an identical Porsche spider add knocking about -

I ended up with a Dutton?????

What a knowledgeable bunch you all are. Is anyone reporting this criminal to E-bay?

It certainly highlights the old adage 'If it looks to good to be true"

Well done Swiss Toni,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom